Cmon 1emu crew report in.

emsley

I got sick of talking to myself. I tried and tried and tried to keep the lounge side of the site attended to. I tried for years... after 2007 was the real drop. Sure it may have been dyeing when Phoenix and I joined, but there was plenty of activity.

Now its just us few... and I think the only reason we come is because of personal situational circumstances. Me? This is my first forum. I dont join many but this was my first, and I like alot of you guys. Emsley I know you stick around for that same reason, the people. For Robert it was the FAS keeping him active. Robert would post more often because he was logging on every few hours or so... just like me.

But as it is, with emulation pretty much flushed out, the site... is now its an ancient archive.

Fuck I miss the days when I joined. Writing crushing walls of text every few hours or so... heh. So many random discussions, it truly was a blast. The site felt right to me, not commercialized, not filled to the brim with trolls. What... just a few? Just enough to keep it interesting, but not tiresome. Hey remember Reaperman and his David? hahahahaha

Hell I hardly go online anymore, just to look something up. And I come here less and less cause when I do, there is nothing. With less and less activity... there is less and less reasons for others to contribute. Were totally passed cut and bleeding. Were almost to "rot" Its a damn shame

It truly does suck because it was a medium for like minded individuals to come together. Sure that sounds lame but its true. Now all thats left is the Lords and Masters.

Ohhh how many threads are there since 2008 with this topic. I believe we talk more about how the site is dead/dying than all other topics combined... (non emulation topics of course)

So yea, This is Grand Overseer Krosigrim checking in.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well most of us have reported in so there is still some heart left here.

I miss your crushing walls of text will.

Im suprised Inkster hasnt stuck his head in.

Damn shame that emulation isn't as burning of a topic as it was the time I joined. I still fiddle with emulation (and still have all my games for the systems close my heart), but sites like this one have slowed down considerably or shut down. Still, there's a lot of good info to be found in a site like this, so newbies still find help.

The main problems facing this site in particular are the dwindling of the emulation scene in general (although sites like Romhacking.net and various high-profile ROM sites try to prove otherwise), and this site being in a constant limbo of supposed restructuring for the past three years. There's been some uproar about Model3 emulation and the strides that Demul is making, but other than that, nothing has managed to make as big of a splash as Neo-Geo, Dreamcast, and CPS-2/3 emulation in the years past.

As for making topics of widespread interest that would encourage people to take part in a good conversation once in a while, I suck at it. Well, this topic is going strong, so far anyway. I don't plan on ditching this place until GC decides to close this place down for good. The Internet Archive will most likely handle the rest.

I pop my head in once every few days. hit the "latest topics" link.

see that they are all xbox section drama and leave.

Not many people willing to share what happened in their personal life here. Not many people are like Fatal Rose :)

Even he is a busy man in China now. I hardly see him now despite he is just 2 hours train ride from me :)

But seriously, i prefer face to face interaction now where we can hang out, have a few drinks and chat the good old times

I still pop in almost every day. Personally I still do emulation in MESS. But yeah, it's basically all over and done with, there's nothing (except the people) that make this place any better than any other place.

btw the xbox drama is largely over, since I kicked out the 2 trolls that were abusing ppl and rubbishing 1emu.

Oh? Well thanks.

I havnt made the time to express myself. This will change soon.

You must!

Damn shame that emulation isn't as burning of a topic as it was the time I joined. I still fiddle with emulation (and still have all my games for the systems close my heart), but sites like this one have slowed down considerably or shut down. Still, there's a lot of good info to be found in a site like this, so newbies still find help.

The main problems facing this site in particular are the dwindling of the emulation scene in general (although sites like Romhacking.net and various high-profile ROM sites try to prove otherwise), and this site being in a constant limbo of supposed restructuring for the past three years. There's been some uproar about Model3 emulation and the strides that Demul is making, but other than that, nothing has managed to make as big of a splash as Neo-Geo, Dreamcast, and CPS-2/3 emulation in the years past.

As for making topics of widespread interest that would encourage people to take part in a good conversation once in a while, I suck at it. Well, this topic is going strong, so far anyway. I don't plan on ditching this place until GC decides to close this place down for good. The Internet Archive will most likely handle the rest.

You may not of noticed it Agozer but you are the Librarian here.

I pop my head in once every few days. hit the "latest topics" link.

see that they are all xbox section drama and leave.

You need to make it cool again.

Not many people willing to share what happened in their personal life here. Not many people are like Fatal Rose :)

Even he is a busy man in China now. I hardly see him now despite he is just 2 hours train ride from me :)

But seriously, i prefer face to face interaction now where we can hang out, have a few drinks and chat the good old times

:)

I still pop in almost every day. Personally I still do emulation in MESS. But yeah, it's basically all over and done with, there's nothing (except the people) that make this place any better than any other place.

btw the xbox drama is largely over, since I kicked out the 2 trolls that were abusing ppl and rubbishing 1emu.

Lol remember when i posted that the x box guys were ghey? That was awesome.

There's too much menstration.

Your manly attitude could change that.

All we need is a few high energy posts and we will get a trickle flowing again, posting a post and waiting 3 days for a reply is not going to do anything,. same old problems, but why forget? Dull vibe? so what! :(

I keep trying to think of something that could be done to revitalize this place...to bring it back from the brink.

Aside from cleaning up the index page so it's not a mile long, and putting everything into Manufacturer parent categories (Nintendo > each system etc), I'm absolutely stumped. That may help as you can see everything better, but to what end when emulation is at an impasse?

Everything is at a standstill with the scene, it's either well emulated, not progressing or hasn't happened at all...it's stale, so we're stale.