Bubble Bobble Ultra

fumanchu

I believe he is referring to the original authors. For instance, Xport ported NeogGenesis from Gens and Madmab then added further enhancements. That much is credited. However, Gens' author isn't credited. (I'm not actually sure who that person(s) is either)

In the startup animation of all madmab edition emulators, XPort is very clearly credited in large letters at the top of the screen. So I don't see your point.

The original author from whose emulator the port was derived should always be credited in the documentation. But when you port a program to another platform I wouldn't say you have an obligation to show their name on screen. Porting an emulator takes a lot of work, involves rewriting large amounts of the code to run on the platform, and coding the entire UI from scratch. If you have the skills and put in the effort to do this then you deserve full credit for your port.

All BP is doing is taking other developers' ports, making a few minor changes, and then packaging them all up under his own branding. He has not coded any of it himself (even the CoinOPS UI is the original MAMEoX UI with a few tweaks). So in this case, the developers who coded the ports he is using should be credited exactly as madmab credits XPort in his editions. Though I'm loathe to make the comparison since madmab is a skilled coder and has actually updated and improved the core code in many of the ports he has worked on. Something BP is not capable of, despite what he would like us all to believe.

Edited by + T +

The original author from whose emulator the port was derived should always be credited in the documentation. But when you port a program to another platform I wouldn't say you have an obligation to show their name on screen. Porting an emulator takes a lot of work, involves rewriting large amounts of the code to run on the platform, and coding the entire UI from scratch. If you have the skills and put in the effort to do this then you deserve full credit for your port.

All BP is doing is taking other developers' ports, making a few minor changes, and then packaging them all up under his own branding. He has not coded any of it himself (even the CoinOPS UI is the original MAMEoX UI with a few tweaks). So in this case, the developers who coded the ports he is using should be credited exactly as madmab credits XPort in his editions. Though I'm loathe to make the comparison since madmab is a skilled coder and has actually updated and improved the core code in many of the ports he has worked on. Something BP is not capable of, despite what he would like us all to believe.

I must also add that with XPort-Madmab's emus and with others authors as well like Nes6502, the Surreal64 team or A600, there is a CLEAR reference to the original emu. Anyone can download an XBOX port and then easily find the original emu whatever the platform or author is.

But when someone downloads CoinOPS he can't even know on which version of MAME it's based. So don't expect anything about other cores...

So here we don't find any indication of the origin of the program but permanent makeup instead. And many hidden defects in addition that will be called later called misinformation by its author...

All of those being more reminiscent of a counterfeit product than a genuine.

abibas-counterfeit-adidas.jpg

Hey +T+,

Responses below.

The original author from whose emulator the port was derived should always be credited in the documentation.

It's actually not stated in Xport's documentation of Neogenesis. Its possible the original Gens author is unknown. See the link below:

http://xport.xbox-scene.com/frame.html?htt.../neogenesis.php

But when you port a program to another platform I wouldn't say you have an obligation to show their name on screen.

Isn't this what you (or others) are asking BP to do? I believe Waal pointed out that NES went the extra mile and did just this, but, to my knowledge, Xport and Madmab never did. No disrespect to either of them, as I think its overkill too. Also, I don't think the original authors care much - at least about Xbox 1.

All BP is doing is taking other developers' ports, making a few minor changes, and then packaging them all up under his own branding. He has not coded any of it himself (even the CoinOPS UI is the original MAMEoX UI with a few tweaks).

Well, I wouldn't go that far. He did add a lot in terms of usability. I honestly hated MAME on the Xbox until I tried CoinOps. Also, BP added features that i know MAMEox didn't have such as 720p and perfect pixel functionality.

So in this case, the developers who coded the ports he is using should be credited exactly as madmab credits XPort in his editions.

Well, a counter point could be made that BP never credits himself in the GUI at all. I'm betting that half of the CoinOps users out there have no idea who BP is. I didn't know until a few years ago and I was using CoinOps/MAMEdOX long before that.

Though I'm loathe to make the comparison since madmab is a skilled coder and has actually updated and improved the core code in many of the ports he has worked on. Something BP is not capable of, despite what he would like us all to believe.

I think BP has stated that he is more of a GUI guy than a coder. He also is big on details and making sure what is there works. I know from working with him on the perfect pixel stuff that he can code. No one up until that point was interested to add that specific functionality. I asked NES about it for FBL and he ignored the request, saying it was impossible.

Anyway, I'm not saying anymore. There is so much bad blood in this, it will never be resolved. Also, I don't think BP is innocent in this either, he most definitely antagonizes you guys. In turn, you all take the bait every time and start a new flame war, so I'm guessing there must be some enjoyment in it for you too, right? :)

madmab is a skilled coder and has actually updated and improved the core code in many of the ports he has worked on.

Wait till you see the new SNES port that is in the works. Its MUCH better than any SNES emulator currently on the Xbox1. Nearly perfect in my opinion.

Edited by PhilExile

Anyway, I'm not saying anymore. There is so much bad blood in this, it will never be resolved. Also, I don't think BP is innocent in this either, he most definitely antagonizes you guys. In turn, you all take the bait every time and start a new flame war, so I'm guessing there must be some enjoyment in it for you too, right? :(

Well one thing is for certain; if it weren't for all the drama around here then this forum would be as dead as all the others. The vast majority of the posts here are by BP himself or those of us who take issue with his attitude and methods. I think you're about the only one of his purported army of users that actually posts here on a regular basis. :)

Philexile. Don't even try to compare. Nothing beats BP's attitude and deeds. Don't act like you were blind or numb either. Everybody can find where the emus come from while using Xport-Madmab emus. A thing you can't with CoinOPS. Period.