Surreal64 B5.5 - Community Edition Released

fumanchu

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers....ummmm 720p is top of list but everyone said it wasnt the biggest feature? is that still left to add? if not its all good...also some stuff now crashs that used to work....anyways good news...maybe I can help with the later stuff sometime as ive allready looked into this stuff...also the 720p code black screens if you have the wrong setting...I posted the code a while back to make it automatic rather than manaul..you can use it if you want and even tie it to a setting like CoinOPS...I also fixed this stuff for darksideUK as he reported these kind of issues

Good work

man oh man this 720p resizing is not done well in my opion....if you want help with this let me know...it kind of isnt dynamic and also is linked to what your runing well eg it can resize to quarter screensize etc...ddp_backbuffers arnt linked to flags....anyways if they do want help I can help out if they are happy with it being this way so you have to readjust each time you change tv etc then so be it.....but it confused me while testing it....also some linking drop out issues....causing it to drop out....on game exit

anyways I know this sounds bad..as I was testing it to see if there was anything I wanted to add to CoinOPS and for no other real reason.....but truly if you want some sources ill hand them over....I dont beleive its intuative and I do beleive CoinOPS 720 support will be more intuative and automatic...this can get stuck in loops like the first betas of CoinOPS for 720p and I can promise this is now 100 percent fully automatic and always correct in CoinOPS I know this version at present isnt :D the wierd bit is there supports made me fix this then they didnt seem to fix it themselves in there builds so that all modes work seemless 480i 480p 720p

also can I adjust the screensize or aspect correction?

OK ive tested alot of games on this....and I can tell you alot of stuff doesnt work in HD...like F ZERO in HD :D

every game has to be setup for hd and then when you change screensize like moving from one tv to another it has to be done again...if you turn on antialias in hd the sound plays but no video so you cant see how to exit...hosts of other stuff I found....

so I finished my tests end to end if people want the results let me know if not ill stay out....im happy ive learnt what I need to....

Good luck everyone I hope one day we can work together as I think I can offer stuff to this project if not ill add stuff into CoinOPS and actually have added alot in that I dont see present anywhere on the xbox...

but honestly best of luck its got some great configs for games

great release ^^, thanks to Surreal Team :D

Unfortunately, Sin&Punishment dont run at full speed, and ive try many settings. Only option to run at full speed is to disable the sound...BP, did you manage to run Sin&Punishment at full speed on CoinOPS ?

seems to be(maybe not as it doesnt look to much faster than surreal one, but it looks visually totaly different...) ...also sin and punishment is missing textures it seems that are in the CoinOPS version...on the first level all the flying things dont seem to have colors or textures and on CoinOPS its not an issue.....also I noticed some other games that are stutting along and dont in CoinOPS

hey you know starfox has worked in HD on CoinOPS for a while fumanchu :D also the CoinOPS wont target everything as I only want a selection of games but it should work well for everyone and require no setting up....and anyone can add stuff they want

and I had to fix some issues in places for some stuff I wanted to work.....once the memory strip has happened this should run alot more than surreal and not crash as much as it will have alot more free memory...Im using rice 5.60 and getting textures I think I might have more mem than surreal and this could be why im getting textures with same settings as surreal....

Small update released for Surreal64 CE B5.5 community edition.

this small update fixes a bug in the menu path.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w475o2na9zz76z4

just replace the default.xbe in the surreall64 5.5 emulator folder with the one in this download link.

thanks to bigby for hooking me up with this.