coinops2 freeze avalaunch

heman

Hi,

i have transfered coinops2 to my hdd but it froze my xbox in avalaunch. Needed to boot with a cd to ftp access the xbox and delete default.xbe of coinops2 then it boots again i found out. Tried another default.xbe of a standalone still no joy freezes again.

What i am doing wrong? everything copied but default.xbe no freeze, copy default.xbe xbox freezes on avalaunch boot.

Thanks. http://www.1emulation.com/forums/style_emo...default/sad.gif

Heman

Hi,

Around 2GB are left as freespace how much is recommended?

No didnt tried another dash, always had avalaunch and no emu ever did refuse to work also had coinops hd it think and it worked perfect.

that is unusual,is you xbox softmodded or chipped?

you did delete your pold coinops gamesaves before you put in this new version?the coinops gamesaves are usually called babe.... or boob....something like that in the t and u data folders in your e drive.

if you have a boot cd it might be worth just trying to launch coinops through that and see if it loads up and then if it does your issues might be sorted(BTW only do this if your xbox is chipped if its sopftmodded it might give you problems).

its chipped - xbit i think.

no didnt delete any gamesaves just copied the new one in udata. must i delete the coin ops hd save? or must delete coin ops hd altogether? Wanted to keep it on the box as i like it :-)

Strange thing is it just freezes when default.xbe is copied if i rename it to defaultxxx.xbe it doesnt freeze but wont show up under emus.

do you have 2 folders in your emus folder called coinops?or named differently this sounds like an ftp issue,wonder if you should maybe move coinops2 to your games folder just to try and then move the default.xbe in there as well.

give it a try you might have better luck sas this does sound like an ftp naming issue to me anyway.

its like that

F/emulators/coinops2

F/emulators/coinopshd

F/emulators/snes

so its got a different folder.

maybe i cant have both will try that when im home! No one encountered something similar?

Edited by heman

i remember reading a while back something about avalaunch having issues with ftp when it came to naming conventions,so i would defin itly try moving it to the games folder to see.

also because you have a chipped xbox you could always download slayers auto installer disc and install a better dashboard like unleashx or xbmc.

Alright now i changed the dash as mentioned by fumanchu to Unleashx.

It doesnt freeze now on boot up but i get another error "mameox wasnt called from the launcher! Please run default.xbe instead.

I only have one default.xbe

Alright now i changed the dash as mentioned by fumanchu to Unleashx.

It doesnt freeze now on boot up but i get another error "mameox wasnt called from the launcher! Please run default.xbe instead.

I only have one default.xbe

Try re-adding the all files and folders EXCEPT "Roms and Videos" folders then try again :-)