Prefernces of a Reader...

Shoma

Hey, so I'm about half way finished with this book I'm writing and by half I mean I wrote about 17 pages and afterwards, I will write about 17 more. If I cant fit what I want into it then I will mak a contuation because I have enough ideas for about two or three books.

Anywho, just for a summary, it's a superpower type action novel similar to 1EmuAdventure series I posted on here and the only thing they share is the lack of realism in fights.

Now my main concern is when I read books(mostly best selling books) the exposition, or the set up that leads to the action, is always so drawn out. It goes on for about 4-7 chapters before anything adventure-ish happens. Now these are biggest gripes with adventure books but what do you all think? I prefer some action upfront and then sprinkle information/story with action when I read.

I dont mind throwing extra exposition in there but I dont what your average reader likes, other than myself.

More concerns to come..

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, good setups have to develop gradually. If you want to drag them out longer, then they have to be worth the wait. I think Frank Herbert did this well in the Dune series.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I've read, good setups have to develop gradually. If you want to drag them out longer, then they have to be worth the wait. I think Frank Herbert did this well in the Dune series.

I'm going to look up that book, is that a mystery?

I've always heard about Dune but never got into it.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is very famliar with action/adventure/sci-fi books, I would like to send you my first chapter to get your impressions. There's no one i know who reads adventure let alone sci-fi books.