Please Help! My f:\Games directory has dissapeared?

Jinx

Hello, I am going to try and explain this, but bare with me as I am very new to the xbox scene.

I have an original xbox modded with a chip (not done by me) and an upgraded 500gb hard-drive (I use the UnleashX dash). A few weeks ago I loaded on many emulators and close to 80 of my original discs (through DVD2Xbox).

I was at close to 300gb of space USED when I was copying over another game and ZAP... all the sudden all my emulators and games were gone (f:\games and f:\emulators were gone!)? I took it to the guy who installed my mod (very professional and nice guy). He said he has never seen this before so he reformatted for me and then game it back (making sure it was done in FAT32...whatever the heck that means).

Well fast-forward to this morning, took me hours and hours to load all the stuff over again, and around the same spot- ZAP again. This time all my f:\emulators and the information is all still there- but the f:\Games drive is once again completely empty - but still showing I only have 200gb left over?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated- i'm very frustrated at this point and have no clue how to fix it?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Jinx

lba48 harddrive formatting issue

ummmm... does that mean reformat and then partition the drive to make a G: drive?

If so- whats the limit on the F: or the G:... like 250gb on F: and then whatever is left on the G:?

sorry dude its dead now that 300gig drive...once reformed using the above program it will work forever ok...it should say its formated in 64k clusters or even 128k not 32k from memory....

This is probably going to sound really stupid.. but do I run this program within the dashboard?

sorry dude its dead now that 300gig drive...once reformed using the above program it will work forever ok...it should say its formated in 64k clusters or even 128k not 32k from memory....

....Okay last question was stupid and I learned my lesson to look sh*t up for myself:)

Do you think it could be a problem with the BIOS. I tried the XBpartitioner and it says nothing about 64k or 128k, only 32 (and that seems to be correct form what I have read so far... But if it didnt work the second time- BIOS issue? I'd really like to do this without having to partition the drive...

if its 300 gig it wont be 32k clusters....that maxs at 256 gig...remember to use 1.1 not 1.0

It's not a 300gb drive its 500gb... as far as the 1.1 you're talking about XBPartitioner right?... Is there no way to have only one 500gb drive on the xbox without partitioning it then?

Edited by Jinx