Xbox emu issues

Higemaru

heh heh.. me again :P I have some issues withe some emulators..

NestopiaX-

Most of my ROMs won't show up in the emu. i moved my games from the MednafenX_nes ROMs folders, to NestopiaX, since what i want to play doesn't work well in MednafenX. the games i recently added to the folder won't show up in the emulator, although they play fine in MednafenX. do the ROMs have to be zipped to appear?

BlueMSXbox-

The translation-patched games i added wont run at all. the MSX just keeps reseting. they work fine when i load them on blueMSX windows.

ViceX-

Mayhem in Monsterland won't run at all. works fine on windows Vice64.

MednafenX_pce-

Most PC Engine/Turbografx games have 2 different screen resolutions, the "standard" and "wide" (Sidearms, Hero Tonma, R-Type) screen sizes. Some games switch between both, for example Military Madness-"standard" for the title screen, "wide" for the gameplay, Ys book 1&2, "wide" for gameplay and beginning scenes, "standard" when you talk to NPCs in their homes.

I brought that up because what i try to do is set each game to their appropriate sizes, 512 x 464 for standard, and 556 x 464 for wide. unfortanetly i can't seem to figure out anything for the games that switch resolutions. some games look nice at first but soon become kinda squishy looking later on. is there any way to get the emulator to automatically adapt to the games that change resolution?

for nestopiax i am sure it will only display .zip files IIRC.

I had some problems with mayhem in monster world for c64,all i did was download various diferent versions.try findind the .dsk version of the game i am sure that is the version i got working.

try looking in a site called the games archive,think i got my version from there.

as for your other issues i am sure someone will else will help.

BlueMSXbox-

The translation-patched games i added wont run at all. the MSX just keeps reseting. they work fine when i load them on blueMSX windows.

Which games are they ? I also found that some translated games don't work on the Xbox port. We need the core updated..Madmab! :P

Check out my sig for a MSX compatibilty for Xbox.

there is an older msx emulator for xbox called FMSXBOX,the last version was v6.

here is a downlaod link if you wish to try it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hj0j153hfune5i

MednafenX_pce-

Most PC Engine/Turbografx games have 2 different screen resolutions, the "standard" and "wide" (Sidearms, Hero Tonma, R-Type) screen sizes. Some games switch between both, for example Military Madness-"standard" for the title screen, "wide" for the gameplay, Ys book 1&2, "wide" for gameplay and beginning scenes, "standard" when you talk to NPCs in their homes.

I brought that up because what i try to do is set each game to their appropriate sizes, 512 x 464 for standard, and 556 x 464 for wide. unfortanetly i can't seem to figure out anything for the games that switch resolutions. some games look nice at first but soon become kinda squishy looking later on. is there any way to get the emulator to automatically adapt to the games that change resolution?

Try posting at about this.. Madmab's domain :P

Edited by Robert

there is an older msx emulator for xbox called FMSXBOX,the last version was v6.

here is a downlaod link if you wish to try it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hj0j153hfune5i

Thanks fumanchu!

I tried this emulator, and most of the games that would not load on BlueMSXbox, does now load with FMSXbox :P

Edited by Bigby