Nintendo 64 Now in 720P

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very boring to always running xbox and coinops to test on my tv what i change on a skin ? ... and it is very long ...

have you a pc .EXE just for see the look of the skin on PC like some soft for unleash ...

Thanks

CoinOPS 2 standalone now has Nintendo 64 working in HD for people to test with the full games....im working on alot of fixes at present on HD stuff....as alot of games that work in SD wont work in HD....ive found a solution though....

give it a go on mario or starfox or pilot wings....if you have any issues you may need to delete the n64 save

make sure in the dashboard you have 720P enabled and id recommend removing 480p as its of no real use anyways

Strike can you confirm 720P is working on the standalone version....ive give it to 5-6 people my build and they say it wokrs ok can you confirm this is the case????just incase I did a file wrong....can you load a standalone with maro64 in the roms folder and N64roms folder and see its really in HD....tell me its 100 percent confirmed please...its 100 percent confirmed my side....

cool everyone else reported that it worked fine but they are using my build, but the main 3 xtras people all saying it doesnt work at all and is in 480P....the coding was easy though, if its broken id fix it pretty quick....try and not listen to them its probably just misinformation....I should trust my coding and others....

where it had

m_d3dpp.FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz = D3DPRESENT_RATE_DEFAULT;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = pModeInfo->Width;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = pModeInfo->Height;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = 640;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = 480;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8;

I added after this

if (videoFlags & XC_VIDEO_FLAGS_HDTV_720p)

{

m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_LIN_R5G6B5;

m_desktopFormat = D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5;

m_d3dpp.Flags = D3DPRESENTFLAG_PROGRESSIVE | D3DPRESENTFLAG_WIDESCREEN;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = 1280;

m_d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = 720;

}

and bingo...the real trick is getting alot of the games working....cheers for the test strike....it would be good to test with you on MSN ive added quite a bit of support to it...like sin and punishment....ill have a new BETA for you by the weekend with some more supported games

....this is the sources for HD and it needs to run in each xbe.....peace and spread the knoweldge

• 3 weeks later...

funny quote.....funny quote for xtras site

madmab said they know what the bug issome had exerienced it so I found someone that had it and 10 mins later it was fixed as ive never seen it but I know people had.....then looked at the real new surreal deal and the 480p bug is there...if they know what it is why dont they fix it......thats wierd to me....anyways the next CoinOPS from now on will make it work for everyone

as madmab found fzero is in SD....because it knows it runs out of mem in HD...this hook is now definable in CoinOPS and will be optomised over time...eg games will be placed in SD/HD as suited on infomration and on driver fixes....HD is buggy as if you play long enough alot of games lock up

he thought it was a bug when it was the first feature :D cause if you run it in 720 on an N 64 emu it crashs some let you do it though others say it wont work so drop down to the one that works :D...anyway he can define what games run in HD and what games run in SD in CoinOPS 2 for the nintendo 64....ill have default settings but they can be adjusted by configuration if one wants to spend the time....

I know the HD code isnt the same its not linked to backbuffer and can get out of sync and cause issues(surreal64) cause black screens and skins being in top left corner....sure one can manually change each time they move there xbox but luckly like every game in CoinOPS if you change from an HD TV to SD you dont have configure anything...other emus mean reconfiging everything ^_^ dont know why someone would think this is excepble....People I know hated that....that means you cant move it around the house easily normally