Osama bin Laden killed

Source: Pretty much the entire internet, every TV news channel, and Obama himself.

Looks like a CIA team hunted bin Laden down and killed him in Pakistan. Lots of people going on about how this is one of those days when "you'll always remember where you were when you heard," and plenty of tweets and status updates about "REVENGE after nearly a decade."

Honestly, I'll only really care about this if gas prices go down. :)

Thoughts on the event or Obama's "FUCK YEAH 'MURRICA" speech?

Uh huh. Something for the USA to celebrate, personally I do not care. And they buried his body at sea, just to make sure there is no proof either he was killed, or indeed, he ever existed.

I read about this this in the morning paper. On one hand, I think this is good for the americans, especially those who lost family and friends on 9/11. Personally, I don't think bin Laden's death does much in terms of curbing islamic terrorism. US troops should start targeting and leveling al-Qaida training camps.

When something bad happens to America the Muslims jump up and down on TV and I think "assholes" now bin laden has been blown away the yanks are taking their turn in leaping up and down.

Let's be honest - all Americans wanted this but it's not gonna fix any wounds they have, and it wont stop any further action from the towel heads.

Revenge is sweet bitter - but I hope it adds some solace to those effected by 9/11 - I STILL get pissed off on that date, and I still get depressed when that date comes around.

I read about this this in the morning paper. On one hand, I think this is good for the americans, especially those who lost family and friends on 9/11. Personally, I don't think bin Laden's death does much in terms of curbing islamic terrorism. US troops should start targeting and leveling al-Qaida training camps.

They are all in Pakistan.... :)

The way it was announced was pretty strange. I remember my twitter feed going crazy with "The President is about to make an emergency address to the nation" about an issue of "national security" and none of the news outlets knew what it was about. My first thought was who'd we bomb or who was about to bomb us. :)

After that, the news leaked the whole thing before the address.

I really can't blame anyone for being happy about this. You can't compare celebrating his death to those who celebrated the slaugher of thousands of innocent civilians. He was a mass murderer and one of the worst villains this world has seen.

Edited by VT-Vincent

Personally I thought it tasteless of Americans to be out on the street chanting "USA". They looked mostly like college kids though so I guess its not surprising. Still... a victory for sure but classless behavior imo.

Do I think this may double terrorist efforts against us? Replacing a dictator like Saddam or Gadhafi is one thing... but who's to stop them from taking up Bin Laden's mantle as the face of a religious terrorist regime?