nestopiax update in the works

XtecuterX73

nes6502 left out an alpha channel for previews. If you use a boxart preview with transparency, it will leave nasty bits in place. If you are planning to release an update could you include this fix? It's really easy and there are already some instructions to fix it on x-s.

There is also a "white screen of death" that can be noticed if you use 3 or more 1280x720 images. (Can I get a confirmation on this?) I would check that out and see if textures are releasing/clearing when they are done transitioning.

I'll look forward to what you can come up with :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nes6502 left out an alpha channel for previews. If you use a boxart preview with transparency, it will leave nasty bits in place. If you are planning to release an update could you include this fix? It's really easy and there are already some instructions to fix it on x-s.

There is also a "white screen of death" that can be noticed if you use 3 or more 1280x720 images. (Can I get a confirmation on this?) I would check that out and see if textures are releasing/clearing when they are done transitioning.

I'll look forward to what you can come up with :)

hey man yea just point me to the instructions to fix and i will include it in the release. :(

I forget, was it nestopiax that had no lightgun support? That would be a nice addition. Its been awhile since I've used an nes emu on the xbox, my wii has been better for that lately.

you dont know what yer missing with this emu. its pretty much perfect dude.

• 1 month later...

just a small update....

this project is nearing a release rather quickly here soon. upon the initial fixes implemented it was discovered other games had been broken and affected so i had to go back and fix and clean everything up. now all is well.

also to weinerschintzel, thanks man! i went ahead and implemented the alpha channel fix. and thanks again for helping me regain the source. :)

also still working on the dip switch settings for nintendo world championships.

the computer crash i had didnt help things either.

just a couple things left to do, but if xbins isnt up by then i might need someone's help on here to co-ordinate a relase for me if they want to help so i can get it out there or so to speak. plus they can be among the first to get a first peek at all the new additions and fixes. :lol:

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

just a small update....

this project is nearing a release rather quickly here soon. upon the initial fixes implemented it was discovered other games had been broken and affected so i had to go back and fix and clean everything up. now all is well.

also to weinerschintzel, thanks man! i went ahead and implemented the alpha channel fix. and thanks again for helping me regain the source. :)

just a couple things left to do, but if xbins isnt up by then i might need someone's help on here to co-ordinate a relase for me if they want to help so i can get it out there or so to speak. plus they can be among the first to get a first peek at all the new additions and fixes. :lol:

HF-

well done hf nice to see an update to this great nes emu,i am assuming by fixes you mean mapper game support for other games?

you could probably put it on emuxtras if xbins isnt up.

just a small update....

also to weinerschintzel, thanks man! i went ahead and implemented the alpha channel fix. and thanks again for helping me regain the source. ;)

just a couple things left to do, but if xbins isnt up by then i might need someone's help on here to co-ordinate a relase for me if they want to help so i can get it out there or so to speak. plus they can be among the first to get a first peek at all the new additions and fixes. :)

HF-

well done hf nice to see an update to this great nes emu,i am assuming by fixes you mean mapper game support for other games?

you could probably put it on emuxtras if xbins isnt up.

thanks fu! yea ive made a few fixes to some games. young indiana jones chronicles now works perfectly, it wasnt until recently that this fix was figured out. NO emulator up until then could play this game correctly.

ive added in the alpha channel fix as well.

im also almost done with rumble support. i am also looking at some mapper code to fix a few odd n ends here and there. Nestopia pretty much can play anything that has anything to do with nes perfectly. cycle by cycle and accurate down the analog digital converter haha.

theres a couple more things im planning on. but at the moment id about to put out a release for everyone else to enjoy too. Im already a member at emuxtras and think i just might make the announcement there and send iriez over at x-s scene the file too for xbins so when it does come back up everyone else can get in on the fun. :lol:

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

This also happens with final burn legends if you have two 1280x720 images for rombrowser and mainmenu, and after you use image viewer you get the white screen.

If you manage to fix this white screen of death for nestopiax, any chance this could be implemented into Final burn legends in an update in the future?

Just thought I'd ask cause it would be great to have 1280x720 images for nes6502 emulators without any probs.

thanks

young indiana jones chronicles now works perfectly, it wasnt until recently that this fix was figured out. NO emulator up until then could play this game correctly.

Sounds great.. Does that mean the all the graphical glitches are gone? (eg. level 2 was pretty unplayable because of gfx errors iirc..)

young indiana jones chronicles now works perfectly, it wasnt until recently that this fix was figured out. NO emulator up until then could play this game correctly.

Sounds great.. Does that mean the all the graphical glitches are gone? (eg. level 2 was pretty unplayable because of gfx errors iirc..)

yea its completely playable no more glitches, no more graphic errors my friend. :lol:

thanks fu! yea ive made a few fixes to some games. young indiana jones chronicles now works perfectly, it wasnt until recently that this fix was figured out. NO emulator up until then could play this game correctly.

ive added in the alpha channel fix as well.

im also almost done with rumble support. i am also looking at some mapper code to fix a few odd n ends here and there. Nestopia pretty much can play anything that has anything to do with nes perfectly. cycle by cycle and accurate down the analog digital converter haha.

theres a couple more things im planning on. but at the moment id about to put out a release for everyone else to enjoy too. Im already a member at emuxtras and think i just might make the announcement there and send iriez over at x-s scene the file too for xbins so when it does come back up everyone else can get in on the fun. :lol:

yeah that would probably be the best way to do it that way its out there and easy enough to get.