xNeoRaine v1.2.11 New Emu Release

fumanchu

I think that A600 is mainly interested in ported emus/games which use SDL. (This is just a guess based on what he has released thus far)

Here is a link to a partially up-to-date Wiki page regarding SDL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_SDL

Of note from the Wiki:

Arcade and game-console emulators which use SDL

* DGen – an emulator for Sega Genesis (Mega Drive).

* FCE Ultra – an emulator of Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and the Famicom Disk System.

* Gens – a Sega Genesis emulator.

* Hatari – an emulator of the Atari ST computer system.

* MAME – SDLMAME is an SDL-based port of MAME (MAME is an "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator" emulator).

* Mednafen – multi-system emulator supporting Atari Lynx, Game Boy (including Color and Advance revisions), Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), PC Engine, SuperGrafx, PC-FX, WonderSwan, and WonderSwan Color.

* Mupen64 – Mupen64 (Multi Platform Emulator for the N64) is an emulator for the Nintendo 64.

* NeoCD – a Neo Geo CD emulator.

* Stella – an emulator for the Atari 2600.

* VisualBoyAdvance (VBA) – emulator for the Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance handheld game consoles sold by Nintendo.

* Yabause – an emulator for the Sega Saturn.

* ZSNES – an emulator of the Super Famicom and SNES video game systems.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that A600 is mainly interested in ported emus/games which use SDL. (This is just a guess based on what he has released thus far)

Here is a link to a partially up-to-date Wiki page regarding SDL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_SDL

Of note from the Wiki:

Arcade and game-console emulators which use SDL

* DGen – an emulator for Sega Genesis (Mega Drive).

* FCE Ultra – an emulator of Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and the Famicom Disk System.

* Gens – a Sega Genesis emulator.

* Hatari – an emulator of the Atari ST computer system.

* MAME – SDLMAME is an SDL-based port of MAME (MAME is an "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator" emulator).

* Mednafen – multi-system emulator supporting Atari Lynx, Game Boy (including Color and Advance revisions), Neo Geo Pocket, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), PC Engine, SuperGrafx, PC-FX, WonderSwan, and WonderSwan Color.

* Mupen64 – Mupen64 (Multi Platform Emulator for the N64) is an emulator for the Nintendo 64.

* NeoCD – a Neo Geo CD emulator.

* Stella – an emulator for the Atari 2600.

* VisualBoyAdvance (VBA) – emulator for the Game Boy, Super Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance handheld game consoles sold by Nintendo.

* Yabause – an emulator for the Sega Saturn.

* ZSNES – an emulator of the Super Famicom and SNES video game systems.

looking at that list most of those emus have been ported to xbox and that includes dgen,but there is one that has not been ported and has peaked my interest a bit.

remember this.

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32917

Yes, very nice work. A pretty bare-bones emulator but the games play perfect and thats what matters. It took me awhile to reassign my control panel to be functional since the directional controls in-game were set to the analog stick as default, but I like how A600 leaves in keyboard functionality in his ports. Plug in a usb keyboard and then settings become a breeze.

Also, playing xDuke and xShadow with a keyboard is exactly how I remembered playing the originals. If only he could get network play up and running for either, that would be killer. ShadowWarrior LAN party anyone?

Yes, very nice work. A pretty bare-bones emulator but the games play perfect and thats what matters.

Actually - it has a lot of features: pixel perfect and scanline emulation to name two - so I wouldn't call this bare-bones. I think what you mean is the skin is fairly basic, which is true. The features that are in other emulators (and some that aren't) are there.

Actually - it has a lot of features: pixel perfect and scanline emulation to name two - so I wouldn't call this bare-bones. I think what you mean is the skin is fairly basic, which is true. The features that are in other emulators (and some that aren't) are there.

Fair points, but I'm using this box in an arcade machine and on a real monitor. So the scanlines are there no matter what and pixel perfect doesn't effect me too much (its a nice feature but doesn't benefit me in my experience). Also, presentation counts for alot and the skin does leave alot to be desired. It would be nice not to have to click on a folder and then on the cue file to run a game. Having a screenshot in the background in the games list would be nice.

I'm having trouble saving some of my button configurations too. Seems like Coin A and Coin B default to Joy button 8 (right trigger) and that pauses whatever game you're playing. I can't help but hit it every once and awhile and that gets annoying.

But, its a great emulator, and the games are fun especially if you like 90s 2d fighters. They load in an instant and you can switch back and forth between games super quick. I've spent a ton of time this week at my machine and thats a good thing. Its been under used and that makes me sad! This is a great first release and I hope he tweaks it further.

A huge improvement over NeoSDLx Unleashed.

Ya, I noticed a few little bugs too. You should post them in the 'official' release thread at X-S to make sure A600 sees them. After I play with it a bit, I may do the same.

Overall, really great emu. Are you using an Emotia to get scanlines?

Are you using an Emotia to get scanlines?

No, the monitor is the original 15 khz Sanyo in my Mario Bros widebody machine and the xbox is hooked up using these adapters: http://www.ultimarc.com/xba.html

The colors are nice and bright and depending on the game/emulator used it just looks sensational. Is it arcade perfect? No, but its as close as I need it to be. I'm VERY lucky that the Sanyo is up and running still with only the slightest imperceptible bit of burn in from the original game. I'd have to find an all blue background and then point it out to you to see it (and I kind of like that, makes it that much more authentic feeling).

Back on topic - does anyone else freeze up when going into the options menu while playing a game?

Sounds cool! I have two Sony PVMs myself.

Yes, I've had some issues with selecting the OPTIONS menu. It will black screen and reboot to the dash.

Are you using an Emotia to get scanlines?

No, the monitor is the original 15 khz Sanyo in my Mario Bros widebody machine and the xbox is hooked up using these adapters: http://www.ultimarc.com/xba.html

The colors are nice and bright and depending on the game/emulator used it just looks sensational. Is it arcade perfect? No, but its as close as I need it to be. I'm VERY lucky that the Sanyo is up and running still with only the slightest imperceptible bit of burn in from the original game. I'd have to find an all blue background and then point it out to you to see it (and I kind of like that, makes it that much more authentic feeling).

Back on topic - does anyone else freeze up when going into the options menu while playing a game?