dreamcast emulator for SvC

i think that there's only one NeoGeo emulator for Dreamcast and it only works 60% with sound and 80% with speed. ON top of that it hasn't been updated for a minute (Don't quote me on this) so I don't think it's capable of doing that, if anybody knows any different this would be the coolest thing in the world if we can get SvC bootleg or plus to work on the DC

The Dreamcast only has 16mb of main memory, limiting what Neo Geo roms can be run on it based on size anyway. Remember, if the rom is larger than 3/4 (approximation) the main memory........there is no chance in hell of it running on the Dreamcast.

I would guess SvC is a hefty size rom, but I dislike fighting games so I have no idea.

P.S. This belongs in the Dreamcast forum IMO

Thread Moved

The entire rom is still loaded into memory off the CD. It can't be streamed like data can from games designed for such a purpose. This is what makes N64 emulation on the Dreamcast impossible, and SNES emulation difficult.

well the way i saw it done (this is with a beta emulator) all the big sound files where ripped into music tracks and the data stayed the same

so it loaded the data on the ram, and played most of the music from the CD like it was playing an audio CD

of course this only allows for one ROM per CD

Edited by Shibathedog