Xtras Team

Mega Man (?)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

So I tried Earthworm Jim and it worked for me in Snes9x on the Xbox. I don't know if its because I have an upgraded Trusty system or not. I did notice that the sound is all F'd up though. Like when you get to the pig pen, it just beep/farts - but no crash. I was just checking out this other emulator that IQ recommended (it would be impossible to port to Xbox) and it has a great info page: http://byuu.org/bsnes/accuracy

From that page: "Earthworm Jim 2 - This game streams sound effect samples between the refresh period of each scanline. With bad timing, the end result is no sound effects at all."

I guess that's what is causing the problem - clever coding. Read that page though, its interesting.

Talk soon

Dang you guys! :lol:

OK, I tried SNes9x v1.52... games like "EarthWorm Jim 2" still freezes at the beginning. :/

My growing idea would to be if we could get a SNES emu that has multiple cores in it... like Surreal does... that way we could have games load with the best compatibility under one roof :P (most being from Zsnexbox)

ON VGmaps

"The Book of Madmab" states:

1) It's possible the map is simply too big.

2) Sometimes (not always) you can load the map into something like MS paint, and resave it, and it will work.

I have not figured out why number 2 works but it has happened.

when I say big.. I mean either so big that the "rendertotexture" function chokes.. or too big as in not enough free memory to load it.

Hey,

So I tried Earthworm Jim and it worked for me in Snes9x on the Xbox. I don't know if its because I have an upgraded Trusty system or not. I did notice that the sound is all F'd up though. Like when you get to the pig pen, it just beep/farts - but no crash. I was just checking out this other emulator that IQ recommended (it would be impossible to port to Xbox) and it has a great info page: http://byuu.org/bsnes/accuracy

From that page: "Earthworm Jim 2 - This game streams sound effect samples between the refresh period of each scanline. With bad timing, the end result is no sound effects at all."

I guess that's what is causing the problem - clever coding. Read that page though, its interesting.

Talk soon

OK, I tried SNes9x v1.52... games like "EarthWorm Jim 2" still freezes at the beginning. :/

My growing idea would to be if we could get a SNES emu that has multiple cores in it... like Surreal does... that way we could have games load with the best compatibility under one roof :D (most being from Zsnexbox)

ON VGmaps

2) Sometimes (not always) you can load the map into something like MS paint, and resave it, and it will work.

when I say big.. I mean either so big that the "rendertotexture" function chokes.. or too big as in not enough free memory to load it.

perhaps soon enough this can be implemented into xbox, i mean after all the same was said of nestopia a few years before it reared its head on the xbox. :P

"Earthworm Jim 2 This game streams sound effect samples between the refresh period of each scanline. With bad timing, the end result is no sound effects at all.

I am hoping this knowledge can be taken and applied into the emus we already have somehow. :lol:

Well, I hope so, but from what the page said, it needs a Core2Duo....

Anyway, another vid for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3zGjIA934...feature=related

Hey,

Talk soon

My growing idea would to be if we could get a SNES emu that has multiple cores in it... like Surreal does... that way we could have games load with the best compatibility under one roof :D (most being from Zsnexbox)

ON VGmaps

perhaps soon enough this can be implemented into xbox, i mean after all the same was said of nestopia a few years before it reared its head on the xbox. :P

"Earthworm Jim 2 This game streams sound effect samples between the refresh period of each scanline. With bad timing, the end result is no sound effects at all.

I am hoping this knowledge can be taken and applied into the emus we already have somehow. :lol:

I am looking into timing hack's for this game... devs say it has been tinkered with on both Zsnes and Snes9x.

looks tricky and no one has gotten any "hacks" perfect.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...=www.google.com

Hey Mega,

Have you used SCUMM much? I was just trying it out yesterday and loaded up LEISURE SUIT LARRY. It worked fine at first, but after the first round of questions that it asks to verify your age, the game froze and I had to force-restart my Xbox. I was using the LSL rip that RX made a while back. Any ideas?

Thanks