Xtras Team

Mega Man (?)

hey phil, yea i made a small change to some code in nestopiax for the game young indiana jones chronicles to run correctly. afik, only one other emu runs this game correctly. just try playing level 2 and youll see what i mean. haha. its nothing big, im a big nes and nestopia guy so accuracy on this emu is always on my mind. if you happen to see anything else with emu youd like for me to look at, do let me know. the nestopia release will be out shortly.

no disrespect to mednafen, in the last release i contributed and fixed some mappers for previously unplayable games (paperboy II, best of the best karate) i just happen like nestopia the most.

also some of the sound code in neogenesis is rather sloppy and piss poor written, ive had a chat with gens author stef a few times about this, and one thing i am actively working (guess ill let the cat out of the bag here) **bites nails** is stripping out the core of neogenesis and adding in gens plus gx sound and graphics which will make a considerable diff in sound and emulation accuracy if i can get it done. so far, ive only started. :) no timeline on a release

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds great XT!! :)

I am sure if we all get together and list things that need to be fixed or looked at in the emus, it would help extremely on trying to maybe get some things done. :(

(otherwise it just gets lost or look past, within all the factors of all our projects/community.)

Being a lead rom tester on neogenesis... I found a handful of games with no proper sound.... just a bunch of super annoying beeping and bopping sounds. :/ (I thought they might all related to each other somehow.)

Other games just sounded scratchy... but I thought Genesis was always like this compared to SNES.

A newer MAME core would have a very difficult time running on XBOX - even on an upgraded one. I have this on good authority from IQ. Also, BP is particular and opinionated, but he isn't an egomaniac. Remember, he does all this stuff for free - as do all the other devs. Show some appreciation.

i second the MAME request. Having an up to date MAME would be cool, especially if the project is not run by an egomaniac...lol.

Eek - guess that's not a good thing. Well, good to know people are on it. The sound in the SNES emus always bugged me, but that was because I played SMW to death in middle school - so I could spot anything that was off.

:)

Being a lead rom tester on neogenesis... I found a handful of games with no proper sound.... just a bunch of super annoying beeping and bopping sounds. :/ (I thought they might all related to each other somehow.)

Other games just sounded scratchy... but I thought Genesis was always like this compared to SNES.

Dude!

I will not have this topic derail to "that" subject... like all other threads here. :)

Carry on with the Xbox dev. discussion and wishlist :)

PS: Ego-mania sometimes works to get shit done, and keeps it going! :(

EDIT: SNES "emulation" sound... is a totally other story...

Edited by Mega Man (?)

Me too Phil. :( That's why I like to can both sides :)

Ok so... SNES emu sound...

ZSNES... always had "a not so perfect" sound... people would report it having a metallic like sound on everything... being off, almost like an effect on top of its original intended sound.

I am not too sure there is much to do with this. (and if so, I personally don't have the skills)

Also, on both Zsnexbox and Snex9box, There are sound issues with Sound FX.... like in games such as Earthworm Jim 1 &2 and Yoshi's Island.

The SFX will cut out and not play through like they should... they just sound like blips...

Also, on games like Top Gear 2, the music doesn't play like it should... part of the beat will be missing. Idk why this happens. It is hard to tell unless you know the songs well.