ScummVM 1.3.0git Update1 Released

fumanchu

looks like A600 has released a new update to ScummVM 1.3.0git now at version 1.

info.

600 released a port of ScummVM 1.3.0git for Xbox1.

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. ScummVM supports many adventure games, including LucasArts SCUMM games, many of Sierra's AGI and SCI games and many more.

What's new/fixed:

* Added the ability to resize the screen. Use the included program xResizer and with the analogs, calibrate the screen until you see the green border; press A and a file xbox.cfg will be saved with the following options:

xpos=...

ypos=...

xstretch=...

ystretch=...

flickerfilter=1

720p=1

Now copy all those lines to the [scummvm] section of the scummvm.ini

* Added flicker filter and 720p mode (see above). For the 720 mode, use the

3x scalers.

NOTE: for a pixel perfect screen with correct aspect ratio these values should be used.

The reason I didn't add support for resizing the screen with the first release is because I use a projector with no overscan at all so didn't think about it.

* Source code updated to r44824

* Debug build should compile now.

thanks go to A600 for this release.

Hey darknior, I tried this update and we still can't choose a game path outside of the Emulator root folder. :(

Resizing works though, so that's good :)

Bye

Edited by Bigby

I sent you the link fumanchu..I forgot though, it's at EmuXtras too.. ah well :)

thanks bigby for that,just so you know the newest version isnt available at emuxtras as it is still the old one from last week in the download section.unless i missed something.

thanks for the link.

Question?

I'm unable to back "go up" on the directory outside of the main directory for this emulator.

In the older emulator I could back out of the actual emulators folder, go over to my media folder and then select roms.

This doesn't seem to be possible in this emulator. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Just got my old Xbox modded the day this update was released. Playing 'The Curse of Monkey Island' in 720p on a 52" Sharp Aquos is a thing of beauty. Thanks to all involved in porting this over. Definitely a must have emulator for the Xbox. The resizer was super simple to use also!

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested this evening all the last games not working before on xbox like :

Lands of lore

Feeble files

Discworld 2

Kyrandia 3

Sam 5

All are working realy great :)

Fantastic to see them on xbox :D

But i see some bugs and want to know if you have same ?

- Impossible to save in Discworld 3 ... the keybord write alone many ????? :D

- Lands of lore : The keybord writing nothing

And in all the games i can't save when i want !

Save button is always gray :(

I just can save in the game ... no more ...

Is it normal ???

Thanks

- Impossible to save in Discworld 3 ... the keybord write alone many ????? :D

What do you mean darknior, it writes many characters randomly ? I tried Discworld 2 (you mean 2 right?) and the virtual keyboard and a real keyboard worked okay at first. It did however start to write lots of ???????????????????????? for a moment, don't know why :)

- Lands of lore : The keybord writing nothing

The virtual keyboard does not type anything, but a real keyboard did for me.

And in all the games i can't save when i want !

Save button is always gray :D

I just can save in the game ... no more ...

Is it normal ???

I asked Madmab about this, his words were - "on the games where the save is greyed out, it is true you have to use the ingame save. Those particular drivers do not have save state support yet"

The save button is not greyed out in Lands of Lore, and I could use save/loadstates with this game.

Edited by Bigby