can you boot straight to coinops on a modded xbox ?

busta37

It is possible. If you have a modded xbox with a non-retail bios (X2_??? or something similar) you can probably

make the bios point to the default.xbe for coinops and it will boot that instead of the default dashboard your using.

It all depends though on how the xbox is modded and what bios you are using.

It is possible. If you have a modded xbox with a non-retail bios (X2_??? or something similar) you can probably

make the bios point to the default.xbe for coinops and it will boot that instead of the default dashboard your using.

It all depends though on how the xbox is modded and what bios you are using.

where would i find what bios i have and the xbox is soft modded with ndure through xboxhdm if that's any help.......by the way thanks for your reply.

Hmm, well since it's softmodded your not actually booting to a non-retail bios.

I really dont know what to use there, might try looking into the XBMC shortcut creater.

It's used to boot to XBMC for softmods and other mods, you can modify it(small text file)

to point to any .xbe file, including COINOPS. I know the folks over at XBMC4XBOX.org have

this file posted up there.

I'm pretty sure one option is to use xselect

with xselect you can assign different apps for each botton on your controller which you hold down when booting.

but i'm sure you can also have a default app which will launch without touching a button.

what you do is rename the xselect xbe to evox.xbe or whatever your bios looks for already... instructions are included anyway.

good thing is it gives you the option to easily launch xmbc, evox or whatever if needed, just hold a button down