Video Capturing for an xbox game

ace9094

Hi guys,

My friend Budwin has been working on a new mod version of GTA "GTA Marvel Edition" and he would like to know how to capture ingame video footage so it can be posted on youtube and various forums...

It have some seriously awesome mods, and everything is being overhauled, including, clothing, charachters, weapons, billboards, gangs, cars, buildings, landmarks, load screens, start screens etc

He has been working on this for months and is almost ready for a beta release...

BP i thought maybe you could help, or have some pointers or links?

He tried but just got grainy images i think.... Budwin would really appreciate some help :(

Edited by ace9094

yes if you want I can add help to sources....to make it easy to use xdk methods cause Bigbys only picking up one tool the xdk has in which it has many...only the real xdk tools can be used for real xbox games though...open source stuff can insert the xdk samples code and do extra stuff....

but its easy to do it from PC....

I might go and buy a recorder and stumble around while playing trying to use it, cause thats sounds easier than pressing in the thumbstick as im playing lol beginers still dont get it

I was answering to ace9094, but thanks for doing your own part BP LOL :)

I bet for beginners it's easier to use capture device with 1 click record than setting up a debug Xbox and then capture..

ace9094: If you only want to capture SD quality (GTA doesn't do HD) perhaps this is what you're searching:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/easycap-usb-v...re-adapter-5707

get him to MSN me and if the sources are there ill recode it make it easy for him....if not just use the xdk tools... as mentioned in bigbies thread....

Hey BP,

He said he cannot use Bigbys methord duer to an issue with his softmod (not sure what) He is user level like me.

He might get a device for £10 online, but I will see if he wants to try MSN first :)

Thaniks again BP appreciate the help :)

I might go and buy a recorder and stumble around while playing trying to use it, cause thats sounds easier than pressing in the thumbstick as im playing lol beginers still dont get it

I was answering to ace9094, but thanks for doing your own part BP LOL :)

I bet for beginners it's easier to use capture device with 1 click record than setting up a debug Xbox and then capture..

ace9094: If you only want to capture SD quality (GTA doesn't do HD) perhaps this is what you're searching:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/easycap-usb-v...re-adapter-5707

Thankyou for your help this is what ill be useing as soon as it comes, i cant do the debug thing my xbox is softmodded.

get him to MSN me and if the sources are there ill recode it make it easy for him....if not just use the xdk tools... as mentioned in bigbies thread....

I tryed sending you a Pm but i keep getting error screens,I do need help makeing a good video for the GTA Marvel edition im working on.My xbox is softmodded so if i remember right i cant get into debug mode, so i was going to buy the EasyCap thing.I did hear somewhere you can record via XBMC not sure how true this is.Id be very thankfull of any help you may be able to offer. My email is BudBox101@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch.