Any objections to this Graphics card?

emsley

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?...nufacturer_id=0

For a few more bucks I can get an increased memory clock but im not greedy.

if anyone can spot on this site something I can get better than this for a little more then let me know if your bored or something

Im deffo looking into the 400 range... Unless someone knows better for price. :lol:

if anyone can spot on this site something I can get better than this for a little more then let me know if your bored or something

Im deffo looking into the 400 range... Unless someone knows better for price. :)

That is the exact card I have. It runs everything I throw at it beautifully -- I can run the Crysis 2 Beta at 1366x768, Hardcore settings, at a pretty constant 50+fps.

A few downsides -- the fan is loud as hell and it heats up pretty quick (though the temps don't seem to bother it, it freaks me out a bit).

The card overclocks beautifully though, not that it is necessary.

Btw my cpu is only a 2.8 c2d, 4gb of ram, 64-bit win7.

Im deffo looking into the 400 range... Unless someone knows better for price. :)

That is the exact card I have. It runs everything I throw at it beautifully -- I can run the Crysis 2 Beta at 1366x768, Hardcore settings, at a pretty constant 50+fps.

A few downsides -- the fan is loud as hell and it heats up pretty quick (though the temps don't seem to bother it, it freaks me out a bit).

This is the card for me then, on the day when I make the trip to the store if they are out of stock I will just get anything as close to it as I can if thats higher or slightly lower..

My 8800GS fan is pretty loud sometimes when I start up my rig it just whirls it's testicles off for no apparent reason, I do have under floor heating though but it has never been an issue in the past, I cant wait to get this sucker!!!

I have a dual core athalon kicking in at 3.2 and only two gigs of ram, I may need to buy a power supply unit as I think i only have a 4 pinned socket for my card...

Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors are needed, god dam it!!!

Im not entirely sure whats floating about in my case but Ill check it out as soon as I get a date for my money next week, Plus it says need dual PCI space for the card (it must be a fatty) Im pretty sure I have that,

http://www.pcparts.com.my/msik9n-neof-ms73...-usb-p-503.html

Not sure if it will fit??

This is the card for me then, on the day when I make the trip to the store if they are out of stock I will just get anything as close to it as I can if thats higher or slightly lower..

My 8800GS fan is pretty loud sometimes when I start up my rig it just whirls it's testicles off for no apparent reason, I do have under floor heating though but it has never been an issue in the past, I cant wait to get this sucker!!!

I have a dual core athalon kicking in at 3.2 and only two gigs of ram, I may need to buy a power supply unit as I think i only have a 4 pinned socket for my card...

Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors are needed, god dam it!!!

Im not entirely sure whats floating about in my case but Ill check it out as soon as I get a date for my money next week, Plus it says need dual PCI space for the card (it must be a fatty) Im pretty sure I have that,

http://www.pcparts.com.my/msik9n-neof-ms73...-usb-p-503.html

Not sure if it will fit??

It is a fairly wide card -- definitely going to need the second slot (my mobo/tower is set up for a 2x slot card), and fairly long (it nearly rests on my ram module). The Palit cards are shorter than pretty much any other 460 card though.

Seriously a beast of a card. There hasn't been too much that I've thrown at it that even makes it stutter... as long as you don't expect a crazy high resolution.

I have nothing in my slots at all, the only thing in there is my Graphics card, I emailed CCL but they have not replied.

I cant afford a new motherboard as well so Im going to have to find out if this fits.

IQ132 This is the reply I eventually got,

Good morning and thank you for your email.

You'll need an PCIe x16 2.0 slot. From what I can see your board only has v1 or v1.1 The card should work but there can be issues with older chipsets and the nForce 5 series is long in the tooth now.

The main thing to worry about however is your CPU holding the GPU back. You can get some good chips on the AM2 platform, things like the X2 6000+ but even these chips are getting old now so unless your running a top end AM2 CPU I'd be weary of upgrading.

Regards,

Kav

My CPU IS A dual 6400 @ 3~2 Ghz?

What would you do? If i note the dementions of the card down I can just use a ruler to measure inside?

Typical retail talk...almost nothing makes full use of multi-core CPUs these days. The pure overall power of all cores doing the work yes, by default only...but proper multi-core optimization is still not bothered with by most devs.

That's exactly why I haven't bothered to waste my money on a Quad Core yet.

We are in an era of "More than necessary" computing now, with processors far exceeding requirements or even the capabilities of consumer grade software.

2.0 is 100% backwards compatible with 1.1/1.0, it's mandatory just like AGP 4x cards MUST work on AGP 2x or 1x slots.

They're just looking to sell you a motherboard and processor too. One you DON'T need. CPU bottleneck my ass, the GPU is there to take the load OFF the CPU...we're not talking putting this card in a Pentium 4 FFS. That would be bottlenecking it...

Hey cinder,

yeah The only real concern I had really was the chip clashes as they are well noted but Dont think this will really effect me here. Im going to be opening my rig up tomorrow and giving it the once over hopefully install Windows7 (cracked) then hopefully come friday I will be playing a back lot of games!!! and for once in the last six months at a fast FPS! ;)

When you say "More than necessary" you hit the nail on the head why the fuck do I need 4 CPUs? or 6 even?

Nothing out there needs it really, the pumped out new shit on PC like there is no tomorrow I mean how long did we spend in directX10?

Im going to be opening my rig up tomorrow and giving it the once over hopefully install Windows7 (cracked)...

Don't download or use the cracked version of Windows 7, download an unmodified copy from a torrent site, on google search up "windows loader" and download that as well. After installing windows 7 don't enter in the product key and go to the next step, once you get to the desktop run windows loader and follow the instructions. After that your copy of windows should be activated.

My old mans gonna do it for me, so that means if at any point it goes wrong or glitches he will hammer away until its perfect.

Easy for me! ;)

Uh oh look:

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?...d=11180-00-40r#

If I get this one I get more performance and I dont have to buy a new power pack!!! (only need one 6 pin power supply connector!)

This card just sailed the PC adviser (top PC mag in the UK) Budget cards, and has more muscle than the one I wanted.

:D Might have a bit of a wait on but I'm cool with that this fucker is flying off the shelfs like hot cakes.