Hoping to get Mass effect 2 next week

emsley

No, no, and no.

basically you can expect mass effect 1 with a different number on the box.

If you like that then is is win.

No, no, and no.

basically you can expect mass effect 1 with a different number on the box.

If you like that then is is win.

Never bothered with ME1.

I'm just looking into this game as a good time distraction for when I'm bored, can someone please tell me what this game is about and why do people find it so hard to explain?

Do I level up? Freedom to roam?

did you ever play those star wars old republic games? its the same as that.

there is sorta free roam I guess. you can go where you want but areas are small. you do level up.

dont think i have played anything like this to be honest.

Anything that stops me drinking 6 stella on an evening through the week has to worth it, and from what I can tell this is, new stuff coming out soon on pc.

So Im glad im getting a GTX460 series card soon, I will finally be able to go back and install games that ran like shit and enjoy games again.

Dead rising two

Hopefully the single player in Black ops (wouldn't hold my breath though)

The new Deus ex is on the horizon too.

ummmmmmm the new Deus Ex is delayed until next yr

Are you serious?!?! that's basically the only game I was looking forward to over over the next few months

You can expect to pay LESS for a used copy than the first one.

No, seriously...after ME2 came out, I walked into Gamestop pondering picking up the first one. You know cause you'd assume it MAY have gone down in price. No, it went UP by $10 and ME2 could be had for the price ME1 WAS!

It's ok, cause at all 4 stores in this area, they have dozens of copies. It's only a matter of time before they wise up and I end up getting it for $5 instead of the $15 it was originally.

I may be hard pressed to get this second hand on the PC my local CEX has no copies new or used, that leaves (shudders) GAME and I dislike going in their for stuff even if they do have it in stock, or there is game-station who are completely hit and miss too.

OK.

ME1 was alright but felt sterile... somewhat.

This feeling becomes apparent when you fist see ME2 in action. As the story progresses you can feel the difference.

Anyway there are 6 classes to choose from, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. I like Vanguard. You come across new teammates and each have their own advantages. You basically play as a 3 person team and wreck shit. Enemies are dynamic and have their own str/weak too. For instance weak to fire. You level up as you progress and customize your character the way you see fit. Between the Talents and Powers, you also have specializations. Lots of options for ability sets, and team combos. Ive seen a group of enemies frozen on the spot, all icy... Then I bowled them over and shattered the lot of them with my shockwave. At the press of a button, your teammates can go to the location your reticule is aimed, you let them attack or take cover, things like that. Like KOTOR at any time you can pause time to make selections like what move you and your teammates are about to do and on who. Then let it roll and everyone does their part instantly.

Take a sec to think about what class your going to choose. Like I said, I like

Vanguard: Charge and Shockwave are amazing. Bowl enemies away at a distance, or charge in and crush them all personal like. When Charging, you are invincible. You also have lift and throw and a barrier you can raise, not to mention Warp... that lowers theyre DEF and does damage over time. Choices of Fire or Ice ammo, pistols/shotguns, with perks like Health/Weapon Damage++/Melee Damage/Damage reduction/Power reload time. All this BEFORE you take specializations into account.

masseffect.wikia/Classes

I really like the game. It's not often I play a game that takes itself seriously. This game is for adults. No silly bullshit, no fucking coming of age high school drama bullshit JRPG's are so fond of. No whining or annoying anecdotes. In fact every aspect of story and character interaction has a distinctly realistic feel to it. Sure its Psudeo Star Wars with lasers and robots and all sorts of shit... this game is more realistic than games that root themselves in the real... and I base this comparison on ME2's Lore, plot development and character interactions alone. It feels right.

There. A short 1-2 by a fanboy.

Hope that answers your question.