What jail break device to buy?

2eyez

There ae a few out there and I don't know which one to buy. I just want to play games from my hard drive. I was thinking about the X3Max Jailbreak. I can jailbreak my PS3 with geohot's 3.55 Jailbreak cfw but can't play any back ups.

You don't need to buy a jailbreak device since there is a very stable CFW called Kmeaw. Geohot's is now pretty obsolete.

You can play backups behind Kmeaw CFW, using multimanager, it can rip games from discs, and put them on your harddrive. I recommend you download blackbox ftp, specifically for 3.55 CFW (since the original is not compatible), and use that to transfer any backups that you have on your PC to the PS3 using FTP.

I have been pondering which Jailbreak device to buy too, I wont be downloading games to the hard drive from the net, ill most likely be renting them, so really im just looking for the best one that is also future proof???

Is there any danger of needed firmware updates for later games sending some of these jailbreak devices packing?

Its eitheir a PS3 and a jailbreak or a new graphics card and some more ram for me...

And im not investing in the PS3 and the jailbreak till i know exactly how it works and if it is future proof.

You don't need to buy a jailbreak device since there is a very stable CFW called Kmeaw. Geohot's is now pretty obsolete.

You can play backups behind Kmeaw CFW, using multimanager, it can rip games from discs, and put them on your harddrive. I recommend you download blackbox ftp, specifically for 3.55 CFW (since the original is not compatible), and use that to transfer any backups that you have on your PC to the PS3 using FTP.

Thanks for the info, I saw the Kmeaw CFW on PS3 Hack but thought it wasn't right for me. Now I know, I'm d/l the files right now and try it out.

The only downfall at the moment, is that Sony is readily patching firmwares so people cannot get online. Right now there is a way to get on PSN using Kmeaw's firmware, but right now it's only a matter of time until Sony patches it again.

It's up to you whether you want to be able to run homebrew and backups with internet that can be patched by Sony at anytime, or a PS3 only able to run official software.

I understand what you mean.

I bought a 500GB for this slim because the PS3 games are pretty hefty. For instance Little Big Planet 2 is 17GB, Dead Space 2 is 11GB. If any of you need my help I would be more than welcome to guide you to installing the firmware and backup manager successfully.