Egypt is Revolting.

This is what's happening in Egypt that the majority of the world is ignorant of.

The people are seeking freedom from a tyrant, and nothing worldwide is being done to support them.

I know we're not supposed to discuss politics, but i figure this might interest at least a few people.

Some of my best friends have been arrested illegally. Some of my best friends have been shot by police.

Spread the word if you can.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you ment revolting as "gross."

My sister just came back from Egypt, she was there when the shark stuff was playing up and on TV.

After the nightclub bombing's I always thought Egypt was a little shady especially for westerners.

Not what I'm seeing. There will be concessions sooner than later. Egypt falling would have much more grave consequences than just ones limited to its territory. In fact, intransigeant contestation is now gaining across many more countries. More subventions, less corruption, more equality (not the rich constantly spoliating the nation's riches and getting filthy richer), more civil freedoms.

I'm more surprised Tunisia didnt get much press here, when it was the trigger to violent protestations across the whole arab world (most share the same environment that Tunisians got fed up about).

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

The revolts in Tunisia and Egypt got coverage on the main television news bulletins here, so at least in this country we know of it, but obviously not as intimately as Elazul Yagami would.

We heard that in Tunisia, the president said he would relax restrictions on internet and other things, the next day he fled the country.

I'm not currently in Egypt (actually in the usa) and i believe my computer has been under attack.

Things have gotten crazy.

They shut down ALL communications (internet, 95% of landlines, all cell phones...etc) , The Cops are burning cars and destroying property in an attempt to find something to blame their upcoming violence on.

They've already started shooting protesters

(Graphic)

The rest of the police forces have withdrawn, and the counter terrorism Units & Special forces have been deployed. (i.e military)

Apparently people protesting for freedom are now terrorists.

What does the Usa media care about while people are being Shot?

Sarah Palin saying WTF about Obama's SOTU.

WTF indeed.