Bizzare happenings on 1.1 xbox

ace9094

If you put on a modchip, make sure it's been pre-flashed with some kind of bios.

Look into the DuoX2's, i know they come pre-flashed with an EVOX bios, bank 1

is flashed with a bios for the 1.0-1.5's and bank 2 is flashed with a bios for the 1.6's.

If you solder it on and the xbox boots up, your all good to go. If it does the same thing

its a hardware failure other than the BIOS.

http://www.homebrewdev.com/index.php?cPath...nohf9d5pqakdnh7

Cheers,

Nextel

Thanks for the link, I just registerd.... I also emailed a guy who fixes xboxs... I dont know if he still does it but if he does Ill post his details ;)

its definately a bios error, i've had the same thing when my modchip has been playing up, tries to turn on a few times with just green light then blank, then stops and flashes red green fast with no output. If u get a cheap modchip and install it that shud bring that box back to life and also remove any locked drive problems you may have ;)

its definately a bios error, i've had the same thing when my modchip has been playing up, tries to turn on a few times with just green light then blank, then stops and flashes red green fast with no output. If u get a cheap modchip and install it that shud bring that box back to life and also remove any locked drive problems you may have :D

Im gonna get this one ? http://www.homebrewdev.com/product_info.ph...products_id=182

:(

I would reccommend the xapter solderless adapter and an xecuter 2.6ce modchip, that way no solder, no fuss, cheapest I could find was for about £30 for the both.

Or.....

You could spend £59 on a 160gb 7200rpm beheomoth packed to the rafters with all arcades, consoles and xbox games, BBC Iplayer etc etc....

I just so happen to have one for sale :D and I can customise it to your needs :)

otherwise that chip you chose looks ok but will take ages to arrive plus needs soldering which is always risky unless u have had a lot of practice!!!

@spaabck- a new hard drive wont fix his problem :D

But your right about the solderless adapters, they are easy to use but

you cant beat the 10$ price tag of the DuoX2's, plus they ship fast, easy to solder, i think Ace knows how to solder well

Edited by Nextel

@spaabck- a new hard drive wont fix his problem :D

But your right about the solderless adapters, they are easy to use but

you cant beat the 10$ price tag of the DuoX2's, plus they ship fast, easy to solder, i think Ace knows how to solder well

you are right, I was on about selling him a pre-modded and upgraded xbox, I have a couple knocking about waiting for a kind home :)

if soldering isn't an issue then i totally agree :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer dude, I have 5 machines but my very first 1.1 box and its toast... :o my own fault too.... I wanted to get it back on the road as its been good to me.... still s*it happens...

I will fix it but this payday got stiffed so looks like it will be next payday ;)

spaabck I had someone ask me at work about a machine when i told em about mine so i will mention it to em

thanks guys