Bizzare happenings on 1.1 xbox

ace9094

Hi all,

I an have old 1.1 xbox with a flashed bios via chip to see DVD-Rom first, chip was then removed...

I decieded to install Krazie splinter cell softmod on it and popped a little 40gb drive in it.... all went well until the reboot, now it tuns on then off then on then off again then on and flashes...

any ideas how to fix it? I tried popping in another hard drive but still the same :)

Edited by ace9094

What colors are flashing? Are any of the colors solid? Do you get any video or sound from the TV? Do you see the XBox splash screen before it restarts? How quickly does it restart? Did you try turning using it with the original HDD (I'm assuming it's the original) before you swapped it for the 40GB?

Edited by Annihilitor

no stock hdd, no video, no audio , no splash screen

put in 40gb... used evo x to install ms dash (the bios was fashed before to boot from dvd-rom allowing no need for stock hdd)

once i had ms dash used krazie soft mod, then i was gonna wipe dash folder on e: and put coin ops lite as the dash :) but i failed :D

ps i know i shouldnt of tried beind smart and used xbmc shortcut maker... but hey lol

ps i got 6 boxes but now down to 5 :(

Yeah I'm with Phil. If it's not POSTing then it sounds like a hardware issue.

Wait. "once i had ms dash used krazie soft mod, then i was gonna wipe dash folder on e: and put coin ops lite as the dash smile.gif but i failed sad.gif"

Do you mean that after you took out the modchip you were able to boot krazie's softmod? If so, what did you do next? Did you wipe C: and use the shortcut maker to point to coinops default.xbe?

Edited by Annihilitor

Yeah I'm with Phil. If it's not POSTing then it sounds like a hardware issue.

Wait. "once i had ms dash used krazie soft mod, then i was gonna wipe dash folder on e: and put coin ops lite as the dash smile.gif but i failed sad.gif"

Do you mean that after you took out the modchip you were able to boot krazie's softmod? If so, what did you do next? Did you wipe C: and use the shortcut maker to point to coinops default.xbe?

when i got it YEARS AGO the guy fitted the chip, flashed bios so no stock drive was needed then removed the chip... he used same chip to mod many machines

ill try again but i think krazies softmod has overwritten bios and now it pooped :) but i dont know how it works if im honest

Your hard drive(40GB)sounds like it is locked but not to that xbox and that's why your getting this error. To confirm this you should use an unlocked drive

that's been setup or even a blank drive and put in an Autoinstaller DVD to see if it boots. How did you setup the 40GB drive? And if your xbox

BIOS has been flashed you dont need to do any softmodding at all. You just need to have an Autoinstaller disc handy like Slayer 2.7 or Autoinstaller Deluxe

to setup the new hard drive. Try booting the slayers disc for the hell of it and rebuilding the hard drive completly, see what happens.

Cheers,

Nextel

Edited by Nextel

Your hard drive(40GB)sounds like it is locked but not to that xbox and that's why your getting this error. To confirm this you should use an unlocked drive

that's been setup or even a blank drive and put in an Autoinstaller DVD to see if it boots. How did you setup the 40GB drive? And if your xbox

BIOS has been flashed you dont need to do any softmodding at all. You just need to have an Autoinstaller disc handy like Slayer 2.7 or Autoinstaller Deluxe

to setup the new hard drive. Try booting the slayers disc for the hell of it and rebuilding the hard drive completly, see what happens.

Cheers,

Nextel

it was a clean 40gb drive with no lock, maybe i locked it using Krazies? dunno but ill have another look.

i use slayer to put the msdash on it on to use krazies... i was trying to be clever and have a dashboard folder so i could wipe it and put coin ops in there:

see this link step 7.2 http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft-xbox/...30-minutes.html

EDIT: Just had another look, all cables connected correct, when booting the fans dont even spin... Im sure the bios is dead....

even if i disconnect all the drives its the same... No fan spins, boots on then off on then off again then flashes ! :)

gutted this was my first ever xbox ! :D

Edited by ace9094

If you put on a modchip, make sure it's been pre-flashed with some kind of bios.

Look into the DuoX2's, i know they come pre-flashed with an EVOX bios, bank 1

is flashed with a bios for the 1.0-1.5's and bank 2 is flashed with a bios for the 1.6's.

If you solder it on and the xbox boots up, your all good to go. If it does the same thing

its a hardware failure other than the BIOS.

http://www.homebrewdev.com/index.php?cPath...nohf9d5pqakdnh7

Cheers,

Nextel

Edited by Nextel