Case Mods

Emu Newbie

Ghost cases are cool, those you linked to are cheap and fun to play with but be careful, the plastic is

cheaper and easier to break. I got sick of just having a clear case so i painted the inside of mine

and it gave a really nice clear coat look, here's an example.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Here is a clear case i painted white on the inside

IMG_0363.jpg

Edited by Nextel

• 2 weeks later...
Ghost cases are cool, those you linked to are cheap and fun to play with but be careful, the plastic is

cheaper and easier to break. I got sick of just having a clear case so i painted the inside of mine

and it gave a really nice clear coat look, here's an example.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

Here is a clear case i painted white on the inside

IMG_0363.jpg

Those cases are nice! I own a clear case right now and like you mentioned they are a little fragile (one of the corners on mine cracked slightly when I was re tightening up the case)

I wanted to ask, how the heck did you get the dvd drive besel to work? I tried a few times bu the discs just kept bouncing around. I was not sure if that piece was made for certain drives or not

Check out that first picture i posted and you can see the piece i used. It should have come with the clear case kit.

Make sure it's screwed down to the DVD drive, and make sure the little black spinning thingy is housed inside that

clear piece with a clear top that snaps on above it to secure it in. I might have another laying around so i can take

pictures to make sure you have everything.

Cheers,

Nextelhalo

Edit: also that clear bezel they give you will not screw into some drives as there are no mounting holes for it :o

If that's the case then it would be best to just cut out a little window on the top of the DVD drive

Edited by Nextel

Check out that first picture i posted and you can see the piece i used. It should have come with the clear case kit.

Make sure it's screwed down to the DVD drive, and make sure the little black spinning thingy is housed inside that

clear piece with a clear top that snaps on above it to secure it in. I might have another laying around so i can take

pictures to make sure you have everything.

Cheers,

Nextelhalo

Edit: also that clear bezel they give you will not screw into some drives as there are no mounting holes for it :o

If that's the case then it would be best to just cut out a little window on the top of the DVD drive

Ahhh that was the problem on the dvd drive I had, it had no mounting holes for the piece. The drive itself was dead so I was just going to use it for decoration, until I picked up a new drive (LG Hitachi) for it, but I did not bother with it at that point, though now I am curious

• 2 weeks later...