MAME woes

Samurai Sam

Hi everyone,

I have recently hacked my Xbox and I'm putting emulators on it. I've found SNES, GBA, Genesis, & N64 emulators that work beautifully. However...I have little luck when it comes to MAME emulators. I've tried many emulators, including several variations of Coinops and Mameox, and all of them either work poorly or not at all. I finally found one that seemed to work great for me: Mamedox. It seemed to work flawlessly at first, but then all of a sudden it started taking forever to load games. Just a minute ago, it took two whole minutes just to load Ms. Pac-Man. I tried deleting it off my Xbox and putting it back on the way it was originally, and it had the same problem. Is there any way to make it load faster? Why am I having so much trouble finding a decent MAME emulator?

Look at the pinned thread for CoinOPS EPIC. It's the latest version of CoinOPS that comes packaged with ~2000 roms for not only MAME but other consoles as well. All the games that I've tried, which is almost all of them, work flawlessly or close to it.

Edited by Annihilitor

also theres an option in it for slow loading hdd speed up.... :P as it was reported for a while...and I fixed it...but it has to be enabled and removes a few tracking features

Can you explain to me in detail how to do this? I have Coinops Inferno and I don't see the option. And what are "tracking features"?

Edited by Samurai Sam

Samurai: How much free space is available on the hard drive? If you only have 200-300 MB available that will cause roms to take 2 - 3 minutes to load. Also, since you've tried a number of MAME emulators I would suggest deleting all of you saved files in UDATA/TDATA as those can also cause problems with loading roms.