Running FBL 1.3 Roms off of DVD

New question: FBL's romset is like 8GBs, too much to fit on one DVD. If I'm wanting to run the emu on my HDD and the games off of two separate DVDs, is there a way to keep the gamelist complete from #-Z even if the roms aren't present or do I have to rescan every time I swap a disc? Thanks.

EDIT: Regarding my old question, I was able to get it. For anyone else, you need to follow the steps below:

Used QWIX to build an ISO. Put the inside a 'roms' folder on the DVD and not directly on the disc root. So the rom 'game.zip' would be R:\roms\game.zip assuming R is the DVD drive.

Burn the ISO with Nero or IMGBurn or whatever works. The finished disc should be an XISO not readable in your PC disc drive (but should work in the XBox one!)

I changed the Path.INI to this:

UsePathINI=1

ROMPath1=D:\roms

ROMPath2=R:\roms

And then I rebuilt the gamelist.

Edited by Genesis Knight

as a suggestion you can if you wish put one of your dvds into your xbox drive and copy the files onto your xbox hdd.your xbox hdd should have about 4gb of free space.

use dvd2xbox or xbmc dashboard or the unleashx dashboard to copy the files.

you basically just go into the file explorer of these dashboards and copy it over.so at least that way you wont have to swap over 2 dvd discs,just put one on your xbox dvd drive and have the other romfiles in your xbox hdd.

as a suggestion you can if you wish put one of your dvds into your xbox drive and copy the files onto your xbox hdd.your xbox hdd should have about 4gb of free space.

use dvd2xbox or xbmc dashboard or the unleashx dashboard to copy the files.

you basically just go into the file explorer of these dashboards and copy it over.so at least that way you wont have to swap over 2 dvd discs,just put one on your xbox dvd drive and have the other romfiles in your xbox hdd.

I actually have a big HDD in there, it's just full. I'm thinking I can do two scans and combine the database.ini files?

yeah i would say that would be doable.

I was looking at it last night; if you do a scan and then FTP database.ini off the Xbox HDD and save it, then insert your second disc and repeat the process...

I just added the first two numbers together from the two files (I assume these are ROM counts), then copied in all the ROM listings from #2 into #1. Then I combined the count/names for the Systems, which was easy, but got lost in trying to combine all the different years and manufacturers. :P

This emu scans roms so much faster than MAME Plus so it's probably not even worth it. It's like three extra button presses and five seconds to update the list.