Batsugun sound finally emulated in MAME..

fumanchu

In the next release of mame batsugun will finally have full sound/music,looks like they finally cracked the protection.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showt...part=1&vc=1

vid.

also the arrranged version rom also has its sound/music emulated as well.watching this vid makes me realise just how arcade perfect the saturn port actually is.would be nice to see this updated driver in final burn legends or coinops.

In the next release of mame batsugun will finally have full sound/music,looks like they finally cracked the protection.

It wasn't exactly protection-related. The sound program is uploaded to ram and then run by a nec v25/v35 cpu. This particular cpu wasn't emulated until recently (well.. it's a bit complicated, but not emulated is the easiest way to explain).

would be nice to see this updated driver in final burn legends or coinops.

Doubtful to ever see it in coinops, but it's pretty likely to end up in fbal at some point. I just have to get bored enough to port the cpu core + changes.

It wasn't exactly protection-related. The sound program is uploaded to ram and then run by a nec v25/v35 cpu. This particular cpu wasn't emulated until recently (well.. it's a bit complicated, but not emulated is the easiest way to explain).

would be nice to see this updated driver in final burn legends or coinops.

Doubtful to ever see it in coinops, but it's pretty likely to end up in fbal at some point. I just have to get bored enough to port the cpu core + changes.

i was actually surprised to see this news but its good to see its happened,good to hear that you will port it over to final burn alpha on pc.hopefully someone can get it included in final burn legends at some point.