Best compliment to FBL 1.3?

Hey guys. I've gotten of FBL 1.3u and I'm pulling down all 20+ GBs of MAME v0 139. My thought was to use clrmamepro on the DAT that comes with FBL 1.3u to get a full set for FBL. Am I correct in saying that seems like FBL does not support the whole MAME set? What other Xbox multi arcade emulator should I get to emulate the rest of the arcade games that FBL does not support? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey guys. I've gotten of FBL 1.3u and I'm pulling down all 20+ GBs of MAME v0 139. My thought was to use clrmamepro on the DAT that comes with FBL 1.3u to get a full set for FBL. Am I correct in saying that seems like FBL does not support the whole MAME set? What other Xbox multi arcade emulator should I get to emulate the rest of the arcade games that FBL does not support? Thanks in advance for any advice!

my best advice to you is to use coinops inferno r3 as it will emulate all the other games that fb legends does not as it mame for xbox.

remember coinops is based off mame 0.84 3u but it is a lot more up to date than that version of mame because a lot of new games were made playable.

also just so you know,these following games will only play in a seperate emualtor called cpx3 for xbox

streetfighter 3

streetfighter 3 world impact

streetfighter 3 third strike

jojos venture

jojos bizarre adventure

wazard.

link to download coinops inferno r3 if you wish to try.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5IFMI6Q4

my best advice to you is to use coinops inferno r3 as it will emulate all the other games that fb legends does not as it mame for xbox.

remember coinops is based off mame 0.84 3u but it is a lot more up to date than that version of mame because a lot of new games were made playable.

also just so you know,these following games will only play in a seperate emualtor called cpx3 for xbox

streetfighter 3

jojos venture

jojos bizarre adventure

wazard.

Thanks for the fast response and the link as well. I'll give it a shot tonight!

Is Mame 0139 the right set to be downloading for both Inferno and FBL? I'm pretty shaky on my understanding of MAME sets.

streetfighter 3

jojos venture

jojos bizarre adventure

wazard.

Thanks for the fast response and the link as well. I'll give it a shot tonight!

Is Mame 0139 the right set to be downloading for both Inferno and FBL? I'm pretty shaky on my understanding of MAME sets.

IIRC final burn legends is based off Final Burn Alpha 2.99.07 which in turn used the mame 0.139 romset,i am pretty sure of that.

like i said coinops is based off mame 0.84 a lot of your roms will work while others wont.

the best advice i can give you is to look for a package on torrents called coinops epic this is a romset which bp put together and includes most of your favourite mame roms and there is also console roms in there as well becuase console cores from others emus were added.

you can always delete the console roms of you wish and just use the arcade roms.

For anyone who is interested, Cos and I have been working on a set of INIs for FBL that set each game to perfect pixel. For 480i/p they are absolutely perfect, but for 720p, its 99% perfect since, in some instances, the game is scaled if it was too small. For HDTV, perfect pixel doesn't matter so much.

This will be huge job in visual quality for anyone who has been playing these games stretched edge to edge, which is the default.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm using clrmamepro and Mame 0139 to get a set that matches FBL's datfile perfectly. I've kept backups of all the nonsupported ROMS and I'll get them running in CoinOPS Inferno R3.

Is there a Xtras-style screenshot pack out there somewhere for Final Burn Legends? Maybe I can just use the Coinops packs I've seen here and there.

Edited by Genesis Knight

Hey BP,

Can I get a hold of that build? :)

By the way, will you be on MSN this week?

I have ported CoinOPS pixel perfect into the Finalburn core :clapping:...also all final burn stuff can run on CoinOPS under the final burn core
Edited by PhilExile