are the emus that xbox1 doesnt support coming to ps3?

ashtar5

You know all the emus that they dont have for xbox1 like 3D0, PS1 (with near perfect compatibility), Dreamcast, maybe , saturn, and newer mame stuff ? (mostly defunct vintage games) Does anyone know if these will come out for ps3 homebrew with the same vigor seen on the xbox1 scene? I dont want to pirate any ps3 games just expand my home arcade with stuff that would benefit in the huge increase in performance and ram of a ps3? Id like to get a 2tb drive strictly for homebrew and emulators. my xbox1 hard drive is nearly full and I want to move onto something with more horsepower and hdmi. thanks.

Edited by ashtar5

You know all the emus that they dont have for xbox1 like 3D0, PS1 (with near perfect compatibility), Dreamcast, maybe , saturn, and newer mame stuff ? (mostly defunct vintage games) Does anyone know if these will come out for ps3 homebrew with the same vigor seen on the xbox1 scene? I dont want to pirate any ps3 games just expand my home arcade with stuff that would benefit in the huge increase in performance and ram of a ps3? Id like to get a 2tb drive strictly for homebrew and emulators. my xbox1 hard drive is nearly full and I want to move onto something with more horsepower and hdmi. thanks.

I've already got Final Burn, snes, nes and sega roms on my PS3. They work perfect and its nice to use a wireless dualshock with emus rather than the horrible Xbox pad.

Ps3 has a Dreamcast emu but very early build, not sure of peformance. People like you are now waiting for perfect Ps1, Ps2, saturn etc The Ps3 has the power to do it but just need the coders to work their magic for the rest of us normal folk. Give it 6 months and the scene will have moved on a hell of a lot.

I think anything above 500gb (2.5" sata) has heat issues unless you go with an adapter to force a horrible looking 3.5" hdd onto the back of it.

It would be nice to see a recent MAME core on the PS3 with a great, simple front-end - like CoinOps has. Somehow, I think we will get stuck with something cumbersome due to the PS3 being difficult to code for. For instance, take a look at emulation on the PSP. Hope I'm wrong though.

nope but ive noticed some cross over....if lantas lets me ill patch across the stuff pretty quick...like Pixel Perfect...autofire etc...ive asked him and hes seen it but no response and gogo no long codes for logic sunrise....I could make quick work of FBAnext feature wise id say as ive looked at it and its allready coded in CoinOPS (GUI wise)....

ive been looking at mame

anyways ive looked at things and still looking at seeing how a few tools pan out....in time id say this will be more great for the emulator scene for everyone

Ya - see, stuff like perfect pixel are essential in my opinion, which is why I'm waiting. Also, for anything pre-1996 the XBOX seems to do fine. As BP said though - great things in the future if the right tools are there. :huh:

nope but ive noticed some cross over....if lantas lets me ill patch across the stuff pretty quick...like Pixel Perfect...autofire etc...ive asked him and hes seen it but no response and gogo no long codes for logic sunrise....I could make quick work of FBAnext feature wise id say as ive looked at it and its allready coded in CoinOPS (GUI wise)....

ive been looking at mame

anyways ive looked at things and still looking at seeing how a few tools pan out....in time id say this will be more great for the emulator scene for everyone

one day and id have that stuff......ill grab a ps3 soon as it looks not to bad to do stuff on...was hoping to hear from lantus and at least supply him patches....this stuff takes little time and he doesnt seem to update it alot or have alot of time...anyways im unsure of his plans etc....

anyways I wont release anything without his permission...ive started the mod work and ill grab a ps3 next week and start testing.....

ive been looking at PS3 :huh:

I got a 60gb ps3, but until PS3 makes leaps n bounds ill be sticking with xbox.... Oh hang on... whats that quote above? betta dust iff my ps3...

hahahaha

Nice to see you looking at ps3 BP fair play...

my cab will only ever be xbox, but house hold my ps3 might actually get some use lol

PM me if you start any threads :)

Dreamcast would be welcomed.... I gave mine to my bro, boxed and mint.... I loved that machine !

Shenmue, Tokyo Highway Battle and Vanishing Point to name a few must own DC titles