Confused 'cause n64 doesn't run on coinops inferno 3

toledanogus

I'm very mad about nintendo 64 roms and coinops inferno r3, because I can not play them anyway.

1. I downloaded coinops inferno R3.

2. I deleted my coinops RX and babe folders in tdata and udata, I think I deleted completely all data about coinops.

3. Copied coinops inferno r3.

4. Copied some mame roms in /roms folder and too a N64_Mariokart64.zip, it was a txt file renamed to N64_Mariokart64 and zip extension instead txt, I think it's the pointer.

5. Copied a mario kart 64 real file in romsn64 folder, that works ok on my surreal xxx 64 ce 5.4, it has 7z extension.

6. Rescan my games, and the mario kart appears in the list, but when I try to start appears a black screen and returns to mame list.

7. Copied in the romsn64 folder the file renamed to N64_Mariokart64.zip, but does not work; I unzip the file and just extract mario kart 64 u.z64 then zip again just that file, and renamed to N64_Mariokart64.zip, does not work; I had make a lot of combinations, but the result is the same. The other mame games works very well for example snowbros, final fight, etc.

I don't know if there is another thing I'm not doing, or the rom is an special file for the coinops inferno r3, I really need your help. I would really apreciate your help.

Edited by toledanogus

Ohh, thankyou very much for your help!!! I solved the problem, and here is if someone has the same problem:

1. The error was the program I used to compress the file game, used winrar in zip format.

2. Solution: copied the file without compress in the xbox in any folder and then in the unleashedX filexplorer there's an option to compres file in zip, I did so and copied to romsn64 and all function perfect.

Thamkyou for your answers.