Arcade Only CoinOPS Release

Neo369

Hey all, just wondering if there will ever again be a CoinOPS version with only Coin OPerated games in it? I just want an arcade only emu, and would prefer to have consoles separate. Will this ever happen? I liked the old versions where it was only arcades (MAMEdoX, Arcades, Ignite, ReIgnite, etc.), but want the new updated games like Bubble Bobble which has been fixed in CoinOPS Epic. Basically no cores at all besides the updated MAMEoX core.

Thank you BP for the work you did on this and keep it up!

doesn't coinops use a bunch of other cores now too tho? like midway, finalburn, cps2, ki, etc?

just delete the console cores and ki core,if you wish but keep the midway core as it has vastly improved the midway games.

no it wont be happening all console features will stay and probably increase...they dont really get in the way....

im not sure what cores you want...fba? midway? KI? Doom? PSX for strider 2 Raystorm arcades games?

it can be configured in anyway one likes and the only reason you wouldnt use the midway and fba core is if you have a speed upgraded box then its pointless and they actually have less features than CoinOPS Cores

and the only reason you wouldnt use the midway and fba core is if you have a speed upgraded box then its pointless and they actually have less features than CoinOPS Cores

That's sort of what I was getting at...I have a 1.4ghz box, so I should not use those new cores then?

Hey Neo,

Since you have the upgraded XBOX - you will be able to play all the midways at full speed and with sound. Just move the ROMS back into the main rom folder after you download EPIC and in your settings - ENABLE force sound on. I think that setting is on the last page. You should also remove the shortcuts in the main rom folder. They are 0k ZIPS - I think M1 thru M5. You'll also need to rename the videos to match the rom name.

This will make more sense once you see the files.

BP, I noticed that the sound is MUCH improved on MK1 - it used to be too low. Is this because of a new rom or did you upgrade the driver?

By the way, certain PSX games in CoinOps makes a lot of sense since the PSX based hardware MAME games are too intensive for the XBOX. It would be a smart way to include these arcade games.

Cheers

thanks for the help sir.

cheers!

Edited by PhilExile

Hey I was just wondering if there was to anyone knowledge anywhere on the internet to download coinops epic without the rom files I have found a few torrent sites of the emu but it does not allow you to not get the roms so any help would be nice!