PC Engine CD - Japanese List Request

PhilExile

That's good to know. I've only ever been able to 'rip' these games (and have them work) using either TurboRip or Xport's CDDissect - both of which output cue/toc/iso/mp3 files.

Maybe once we have the list, we can investigate the possibilty of converting the problematic games to BIN/CUE to sidestep the issue.

Thanks for the tip, Fumanchu!

medafenx-pce plays bin/cue images as well IIRC.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just comparing CoinOPS Epic (yes I have it :)) to MednafenX_pce, and Dracula X (for example) has no music in CoinOPS. It does however have music in MednafenX_pce.

Is there an option I'm overlooking in CoinOPS?

Also my knowledge regarding all things PC Engine CD is limited, so these games only work when ripped to mp3? So we can't use them in the wav format?

Edited by Bigby

Bigby,

That's what I found. Whenever I used BIN/CUES - the music wouldn't play.

BP, a way around this would be to either ZIP the CUE/ISO/MP3 PCE CD rips and have CoinOps decompress them when they are launched or have CoinOps ignore ISO and MP3 files in the romlist. The later is what MednafenX_pce does in the most recent releases.

Let me know if you need any of the rips.

The Xtras Dracula X is BIN/CUE (and plays music) and the CoinOPS Epic Dracula X is CUE/ISO/MP3 (does not play music).

:huh:

Hmm..there are 2 cue files...one has the track list as wav and the other as mp3..I'll try swithching them around...

Nope! That just gave a file missing error (MP3.cue) :)

Edited by Bigby