Error 404

BritneysPAIRS

Ok may have spoke too soon, I've got the few Mame roms I transferred over showing up in the list but cant get any N64 roms to show?

as a test I have Super Mario 64 in both the RomsN64HiDef folder and the RomsN64 folder, rescanned but still no joy..

The Rom has been renamed to N64_SuperMario64 is that right?

Edited by ploggy

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you put the n64 rom into the roms folder,then you put what is called a pointer file into the n64hidefroms folder if you want to play in hd or if you just want to play in normal sd then put the pointer file into the romsn64 folder.

a pointer file is just an empty folder which is named the same as the rom you want to play.you just zip the empty folder up and put the empty zip file into one of those folders i mentioned above and then rescan your roms.

you put the n64 rom into the roms folder,then you put what is called a pointer file into the n64hidefroms folder if you want to play in hd or if you just want to play in normal sd then put the pointer file into the romsn64 folder.

a pointer file is just an empty folder which is named the same as the rom you want to play.you just zip the empty folder up and put the empty zip file into one of those folders i mentioned above and then rescan your roms.

Yeah, that did it thanks fumanchu.

Seems like the long way around to get a game to show up in the list but it worked :D

EDIT:

OK..............the games shows up in the list but when I load it it black screens and reloads back to the rom list........Arrrrrgh.

EDIT 2:

I'm an idiot, I had my pointer/rom files in the wrong/opposite folders :D

Edited by ploggy

NINTENDO 64

roms/N64_Gamename.zip (POINTER)

RomsN64/N64_Gamename.zip

RomsN64HiDef/N64_Gamename.zip (POINTER) If this is present the game will boot in 720P if availble

So the pointer goes in roms folder for SD or the RomsN64HiDef folder for HD.

NINTENDO 64

roms/N64_Gamename.zip (POINTER)

RomsN64/N64_Gamename.zip

RomsN64HiDef/N64_Gamename.zip (POINTER) If this is present the game will boot in 720P if availble

So the pointer goes in roms folder for SD or the RomsN64HiDef folder for HD.

Seems so, I have them in both but it seems to prioritise HD.

Pointer file in CoinOPS/Roms....is there so mame can find it....

the game itself is in CoinOPS/RomsN64.....this is the game its self.....

if you want it to boot in 720p if the tv is capible you must a file of the same name

to CoinOPS/RomsN64HiDef this tells the program it is aloud to run in HiDef....

so

CoinOPS/roms (is a 0 byte file called the lookup name.zip.....this adds the name to the CoinOPS list)

CoinOPS/RomsN64 (this is the rom its self named the same as above but has the rom contents)

CoinOPS/RomsN64HiDef (is a 0 byte file called lookup name.zip as per above and if this is there the rom can run in HD...if not it will be SD only...so by default all games run in SD unless this lookup is added...note N64_SuperMario64 is added to this folder by default to show you how it works....)

so all games from the old packs will run at present in SD....except for N64_SuperMario64 as I added the hd enabler by default to CoinOPS/RomsN64HiDef so it will play as both...I need to know what games will work and what games will work if I add the HD enabler

I have a large pack of working games...I just need to know if I should add the HD enablers to them....

all the new pack is waiting os weather the new 30 N64 games should be launchble in HD.....so I need to test them..they are all good in SD....

anyone want to help testing or else you will have to wait till I can be arsed spending 10-15mins a game to see if it should work in HD