Error 404

BritneysPAIRS

I agree. Will this include the videos and synopsis info too? Also, have you had a chance to work on the arcade version of Syvalion?

Thanks agan!

its starting to look like a bigger update than I wanted...I wanted 50-100 games in an update not 200-300 is the size to large?

200-300 is a great addition. For me size won't be an issue.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, its tricky, but I'll input what I know at least.

NES

The 'real' resolution of the NES is 256x224. That would make it 512x448 for 480i/p and 768x672 for 720p. The tricky part is this makes the screen too skinny and it was never the intended resolution by Nintendo. The old CRT TVs would stretch this resolution to 640x480. You can achieve this look exactly on an HDTV (except for the height) by setting the perfect pixel size in 480p mode, enabling 10x11 pixels, and finally making sure your TV is set to 16:9 instead of 4:3.

I had tried to just make the screen size 640 within the emulator, but that causes pixel distortion. The TV is meant to convert the image to 640 width. I actually did comparisons with Virtual Console games and this is what Nintendo does and it matches up exactly.

SNES

Super Nintendo had a bunch of different resolutions. See info from Wikipedia below:

Progressive: 256 × 224, 512 × 224, 256 × 239, 512 × 239

Interlaced: 512 × 448, 512 × 478

I think most where 256x224. Everything I said about the NES also applies here. As you said, it would be great if you could somehow setup the emulator to 'see' what the native res is and just double/triple it, as you did with MAME. This would make things a lot easier setup-wise.

PCE

Like the SNES, the PCEngine also had a lot of resolutions. See below from Wikipedia:

* X (Horizontal) Resolution: variable, maximum of 565 (programmable to 282, 377 or 565 pixels, or as 5.37mhz, 7.159mhz, and 10.76mhz pixel dot clock)[17] Taking into consideration overscan limitations of CRT televisions at the time, the horizontal resolutions were realistically limited to something a bit less than what the system was actually capable of. Consequently, most game developers limited their games to either 256, 336, or 512 pixels in display width for each of the three modes.

* Y (Vertical) Resolution: variable, maximum of 242 (programmable in increments of 1 scanline). It is possible to achieve an interlaced "mode" with a maximum vertical resolution of 484 scanlines by alternating between the two different vertical resolution modes used by the system. However, it is unknown, at this time, if this interlaced resolution is compliant with (and consequently displayed correctly on) NTSC televisions.

* The majority of TurboGrafx-16 games use 256×239, though some games, such as Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective did use 512×224. Chris Covell's 'High-Resolution Slideshow' uses 512×240.

studied and understand pixel perfect stuff for xport emus...now I need a simple list of the screensizes like this

SNES widthxhieght

SNES widthxhieght

PCE widthxhieght

NES widthxhieght

note SNES has 2 it can be....some have a few options....if I get this ill add a one touch switch that does pixel perfect automatiically

Edited by PhilExile

someone can make a video of Ketsui, Galuda and DDP DaiOujou running on a Trusty one ? I really want/need to see them running before i order one Trusty Xbox

Edited by Sparda

its starting to look like a bigger update than I wanted...I wanted 50-100 games in an update not 200-300 is the size to large?

200-300 is a great addition. For me size won't be an issue.

Same for me ... size won't be an issue :-)

More games to play is better than less space archive lol

Well, its tricky, but I'll input what I know at least.

NES

The 'real' resolution of the NES is 256x224. That would make it 512x448 for 480i/p and 768x672 for 720p. The tricky part is this makes the screen too skinny and it was never the intended resolution by Nintendo. The old CRT TVs would stretch this resolution to 640x480. You can achieve this look exactly on an HDTV (except for the height) by setting the perfect pixel size in 480p mode, enabling 10x11 pixels, and finally making sure your TV is set to 16:9 instead of 4:3.

I had tried to just make the screen size 640 within the emulator, but that causes pixel distortion. The TV is meant to convert the image to 640 width. I actually did comparisons with Virtual Console games and this is what Nintendo does and it matches up exactly.

SNES

Super Nintendo had a bunch of different resolutions. See info from Wikipedia below:

Progressive: 256 × 224, 512 × 224, 256 × 239, 512 × 239

Interlaced: 512 × 448, 512 × 478

It's kool, thanks, but i think BP want the resolution for console by default.

AND ... the list of games who don't use it with the correct one.

Because make code is very long ... i know that ... and if he must also seach for these information you will have the option in 2 years lol

With a full list he can add coinops a filter for these games and respect perfectly aspect ratio :D

Bye

It's kool, thanks, but i think BP want the resolution for console by default.

AND ... the list of games who don't use it with the correct one.

Because make code is very long ... i know that ... and if he must also seach for these information you will have the option in 2 years lol

With a full list he can add coinops a filter for these games and respect perfectly aspect ratio :-)

Bye

Wha.... ?

I think we should focus on the main resolution for each system.

There are really really really few games in different/not common

screen sizes and I think it is not necessary to make a fuss on it...

NES:

480i/480p: 512 x 448

720p: 768 x 672

SNES:

480i/480p: 512 x 448

720p: 768 x 672

PCE:

480i/480p: 512 x 464

720p: 768 x 696

It would be great if the emulator could be setup to 'see' what the

native res is and just double/triple it, as it makes with MAME.

Sweet sweet regards,

Cospefogo.

PS. The 720p size numbers came long time ago from the user Gilles9999.

Edited by Cospefogo

just need the default resolutions that it can be..I found where the roms select the dif types all cores would be great....all games have vids and synopsis...catagories etc and done to CoinOPS 2 full level

for the scan games issue..have you enabled speedup slow harddrive saving setting? I havent looked but that may stop the saving...if so ill fix this in 2.1

for the scan games issue..have you enabled speedup slow harddrive saving setting? I havent looked but that may stop the saving...if so ill fix this in 2.1

No. I turned it on and tried to rescan, but again, it's not picking up the stuff I've added after CoinOPS did its initial scan.

EDIT: Nevermind, the issue was my fault. Oopsie.

One thing I'd like to mention is that it would be nice to have multiple screenshot and video directories to match up with the number of ROM directories so that those of us who want more games can also have our preview videos along with them. Just a thought.

Edited by zerojay

was it that setting zerojay?

also ive thought about video adding 2 paths maybe 3...and if someone helps put together a massive pack ill add it...otherwise its not worth it 4k is enough

Atari Lynx

Commodore 64

Game Gear

Gameboy

Gameboy Advance

Gameboy Color

Master System

Megadrive

NES

Nintendo 64

PC Engine

PC Engine CD

Playstation

Sega SG-1000

Super Nintendo

I need res for each one of these and ill add pixel perfect....dont worry about multiples...the xbox will do the maths :-) depending on how its configured....just the default res...and I need to know if there is more than one

add another 75 Arcade games to the build....ill try another few nights till I get sick of adding them....:D