Finding Perfect Pixel

salomonkane

Hello & Congrats for the Fantastic Work done ! :smokin:

Users of different versions of CoinOps (Reignite, Inferno ...)

I went recently in component/720p HD resolution, sub Inferno...

I observe that sprites of most games shows too much pixelization for my taste ... :)

Could you give me please the best configuration/options/menu recommended for this excellent emulator...

Thank you Very Much .

depends on how you like things....

I personal leave it as default...but I guess I like scaled as well as its aspect corrected

the pixel perfect options leave things really sharp.....but dont fill the screen right and to me I like using all of my 42inch screen

but really all options are avaible

if you want pixel perfect you can use autofit which ill do x1 x2 x3 x4 pixel perfect scaling so it fixs in your definded setup screensize.......overfit will do x1 x2 x3 x4 pixel perfect scaling so it fits to a box of the screen with 20 percent over sizes....it will cut off some of the screen but normally fill more of the screen

the benifits of 720p are obvious to me....but its up to you....sorry im not the person to talk to about this stuff as I like them to be full screen and with smoothing at 720p....to me that looks best...I added all the features for those that care but to me I never use them....it looks great at 720p striaght off the bat to me.....play around a bit all the features are there....

there are others that chat about this stuff.....hopefully they can help you a little....

Well .. Using these 3 links (*,**,***) ;)

I resolved to play some games in 480P and using some filters (software filter: TRILINEAR

hardware filter: ADVANCE MAME 2X, 10x11 Aspect Ratio) on some emulators (madmab in this case) ...

Indeed, my worry with the 720 or 1080, it's what I observed the following phenomenon :

-The scollings were gorgeous, but too many sprites pixelating (especially the avatar) :D (if anyone knows precisely what it's called ...)

I have not made any tuning on CoinOps yet, but it will not be long ...

However, if someone could introduce us to different concepts of HD (filter, resulution ...) on emulators, especially on CoinOp it would be very nice ... :)

(*) http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=679899

(**) http://fancyxbox.info/?doc=1&secao=coinops

(***) http://gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=241473

P.S. :

Thank you to the authors of those topics :)

Edited by salomonkane

About Arcades Systems :

Ok so I opted in CoinOps (Sub Inferno) :) :

-Only for:

SETTINGS / WARNING!!! 10x11 Pixel Ratio: ENABLED

And it is PERFECT for me On Arcades Systems.

It is true that it was doing a bit crazy to want to calibrate all with Shadow Dancer :) Rom , which should not be a beauty prize :D .

What a pleasure to play with -Rolling Thunder in 720 Progressive, with this definition: the fluidity and graphics gives a second life to these ancestors ...

-Rtype is superb,

-Tiger Road loses some of its "old school"pixel but it is so smooth now ...

Happy:).

By cons for some newer games, like :

-Knight of Valor Plus (scrolling displays a lower resolution compared to sprites)

-Sol Divide: (sprites too much pixelating) ...,

Better tuning is necessary. If it's possible ;) .

... To be continued ... About Consoles Systems.

Edited by salomonkane