Internet friends aren't who they claim to be?

Salorskin

AtG.jpg

For the past five-six years I have had this internet friend I met on myspace that I‘ve grown very close to. We first exchanged messages, then began speaking via instant messengers and finally phone calls and text messages. Her and I live two hours apart (she insisted she lived in Malibu), but we NEVER met, as things had a ways of coming up on both ends (and I didn't have a car for a while).

Anyways, I began noticing more and more that things were a bit off. I had also noted that her myspace page was lacking in personal friends, but I always told myself "She's attractive, this is probably her false myspace account for online ’friends’ and the few irl friends she lets interact with. Fake name, fake page, same person." She added me on Facebook under another alias and didn’t put up any pictures. Strange She eventually had her sister and ex-husband-turned-boyfriend interact with me on myspace, but I couldn’t shake my suspicions. So, I used the dox I had of her and did a search and came across her real page on facebook... only it wasn't the girl in the pictures. I noticed the picture had her sister in it (same person I was interacting with here and there on myspace), but the other girl wasn't my hot friend. Instant denial. I scrolled through her updates and noticed a fake Facebook profile of myself (sans photo) commenting on some of them, and then little notes stating her, myself and MY friends were all hanging out at some club in Hollywood. Wtf?

Foolish on her part, but I had learned the names of some of her friends (obviously not the same people that were in the pictures on her myspace account), and I recalled that I had spoken to one of them several times on the phone - and so I tried snooping around her page. I sat on this for weeks, and then added her. My internet friend responded by blocking me on faceboook and acted as though nothing happened.

It’s been a year, and her and I haven’t been speaking as much since this shit still has me freaked. I regained my interest in the situation when I got back on pc and did a quick search with same dox and located her twitter and tumblr accounts. Followed both pages, and she responded on one of the sites “Bitch you found me!” and texted me “Oh my shit you found me you creeper.” I haven’t responded to either… I can’t think of anything clever to say. Wat do? Or say?

Side note: I located mutual friend of internet friend and girl she was pretending to be - can contact girl about it but I'm not so sure if I want to do something like that as it is way harsh haha

Edited by Salorskin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well she gave me her entire life story (and made some embelishments, still don't know who the guy is) and when I found her on tumblr I gained access to pretty much all of her pictures. She's a major nerd...and I get the feeling she has issues socializing with people since she has a ton of insecurity issues (using someone else's photos suggest as much to me).

Well she gave me her entire life story (and made some embelishments, still don't know who the guy is) and when I found her on tumblr I gained access to pretty much all of her pictures. She's a major nerd...and I get the feeling she has issues socializing with people since she has a ton of insecurity issues (using someone else's photos suggest as much to me).

Dont sweat it bro - i reckon this sucks - and i can imagine anyone falling for this.

edit: give mer her facebook she aint fucking with the 1emu boys!!

ON ON ON! B)

Dont sweat it bro - i reckon this sucks - and i can imagine anyone falling for this.

edit: give mer her facebook she aint fucking with the 1emu boys!!

ON ON ON! B)

Do it Paul gets off on doing crazy shit like that lol

Thank the heavens you've escaped with your sanity still intact. There's all sort of nuts on the web.

Perhaps nothing as extreme as you, but I've had a creepazoid that kept sending me flattery then requests to buy used shoes from me (someone called 'bootlicker' and having profile pictures of him submissively licking people's boots while theyre wearing them). I'll spare you the imagery.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki

Thank the heavens you've escaped with your sanity still intact. There's all sort of nuts on the web.

Perhaps nothing as extreme as you, but I've had a creepazoid that kept sending me flattery then requests to buy used shoes from me (someone called 'bootlicker' and having profile pictures of him submissively licking people's boots while theyre wearing them). I'll spare you the imagery.

Post pix for lulz, plox