Forums/subforums that we don't need anymore...

Alpha

group the consoles by generation, shitcan the xbox forum. it's tardville. merge all the DS stuff.

fas, radio show, weblinks, MUGEN, Online gaming, ideas....shitcan em' they are useless.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shitcan the xbox forum. it's tardville.

I'm sorry, I just... lol'd so hard at that.

But yeah, Ideas On This Forum subforum is kinda useless. It's nice that people get to voice their opinion and ask for stuff to get implemented/changed, yet 99% of that never becomes a reality. Besides, this place isn't a bastion of democracy. Same with Weblinks Exchange. That subforum only attracts more and more spambots, and nothing even remotely interesting. if someone wants to share a link to a site and start some discussion pertaining to it, they can just use Current Affairs.

I'm a bit torn on the fate of the Online Gaming subforum. The posts there mainly deal with PC stuff, and most people go online on their consoles. If we had a stronger PC MMORPG/Counter Strike/What Have You community, perhaps the forum would be more useful. From what I've gathered, most people prefer to play online on their consoles, and that kind of talk can go to the subforum of the console in question.

The Radio Show was a nice effort, but let's face it, there's no need to keep that on the board anymore.

New groupings of the console sections might be a good idea since they would hopefully get more posts, as now most new gaming threads are shamelessly dumped in Current Affairs in order to get more exposure.

I'm taking all of these ideas into serious consideration. Right now debating if we should group it by OldGen and NextGen or simply Arcade, Consoles, Handhelds.

As far as the XBOX forum... if we kill that, we literally kill all activity on the site. Love it or hate it, it's the only thing truly going here...

MUGEN would fit inside the Arcade category. With the amount of posts it has, it would be senseless to remove that section.

Gamecube and Wii could be merged without a problem, its essentially the same system with upgraded controls.

Overall, theres nothing wrong with the current sections, except maybe underoptimal placement.

I'd have expected something closer to such a structure:

SITE

--Announcements

--News

--Ideas on this forum (site feedback sounds nicer)

--Emulation radio show (maybe as a subsection inside announcements?)

--FAS

FREE FOR ALL

--Lounge

--reviews/rants (?) (maybe better placed as a subsection in lounge?)

--multimedia (no separate sections for videos and pictures?)

--computer talk (splitting this for software and hardware discussion could be nicer, as different crowds can be interested in hardware discussion).

GAMING/TECH

--computer talk/software discussion (assuming split)

--computer talk/hardware discussion (assuming split)

--gaming talk

--netplay

HANDHELD EMULATION (lumping those within a 'handheld emulation' category might be more intuitive, especially if the larger 'general handheld' would be the actual placeholder for all handheld discussion, and the following project sections to be sections within that category). Keep note of Sony's PSP and the absence of mobile gaming discussion (like about iphones).

--general handheld talk

--dswifi

--dualis

--dsemu

--stellaDS

ARCADE

--general arcade talk

--mame

--mugen

--neogeo

--cpsX

NINTENDO

SONY

MS

SEGA

Nintendo, Sega, Sony and MS categories seem to be alright to keep as they are, other than maybe throwing one or 2 retro consoles somewhere else or in their own 'retro' category.

We have an X-Box forum?

Regardless of whether or not you were being cheeky

---

Yes, but it seems old Xbox is only good for modding and emulators these days, and that's the only reason said subforum gets all the traffic it does. I rarely go there, so I honestly don't know half the shit and drama that goes on there.

We have an X-Box forum?

Regardless of whether or not you were being cheeky

---

Yes, but it seems old Xbox is only good for modding and emulators these days, and that's the only reason said subforum gets all the traffic it does. I rarely go there, so I honestly don't know half the shit and drama that goes on there.

For this reason alone we should penis slap it.

Right now debating if we should group it by OldGen and NextGen or simply Arcade, Consoles, Handhelds.

What qualifies as nextgen or retro can be subjective.

Console, handheld and arcade emulation ought to be nice (with a misc subsection for misc and/or retro talk not lumped within the root category or its subsections).

I'm only reluctant to do that because I do think people are too damn lazy to click the CAT then get to the subcats.... maybe it's just me, but i like it all there at first sight.

Subcategories can be displayed on the forum index.

Edited by Hard Core Rikki