N64 Preview Vids

cba.gy

I guess BP is gonna pump out a few hundred N64 vids by the morning, well done, lol.

Anyway i thought users ought to see what an NTSC game looks like when displayed @ 640x480 res.

Just like it would on your tv (not stretched)

The versions you lot will no doubt be getting will now be @ 640 x 480 stretched.

Below is an example of what it should look like.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmcyconpjlpmc8g

I wont care about aspect ratio it as the skin is scaled by the user to be in CoinOPS so I cant determine the exact ratio and in my skin I dont really care...so from my side I just record as displayed on screen and automatically remove any black bars

if people want this stuff as asked ill supply it if not its no worries...xtras wont like me doing this stuff im sure but you can go and find them and there solutions at http://www.ressurectionxtras.net I wish you luck....

PS remember this was from a guy that said I would use there ones and couldnt do what alot of you now have...cant do it when its so easy and all are at 640x480 and then wont be that at times as the black bars are autoremoved off all pics and videos and stretched to whatever by the skin that can be adjusted by a skinner no worries

ill be gone from this thread im sure it will die goto there forum if you want there solutions......

There you go..... cba promotion for you best of luck brother.....if you build it they will come

an example of the latest preview by cba at http://www.ressurectionxtras.net go grab it....

HSC.png

and example of CoinOPS bad aspect ratio to prove he is correct and it has shockly bad aspect ratio on the video previews....I dont care or maybe thats a conspiricy and I cant work out how to do it :D

Sorry for cba skin is in HD and mine looks so bad in sd it looks much better in hd :) as you can see down the page a bit as the logo etc is in HD

coinopsn64core.jpg

There's no culture, no basic knowledge of graphic design there. Only already seen effects and easy to download photoshop actions application. No style. No brain, no pain... 99% of the GFX on the web looks like this and it's definitely dull...

At least Cbagy's layout is better thought and he's worry about how to organize information. His work is on the good way, not yours because it's only a patchwork. As usual.

you heard it from them guys.....they tell it how it is....

go grab it if you want http://www.ressurectionxtras.net

you will never look back with well layed out stuff with no crappy effect looking stuff....even if ive done perfessional graphic design.....I recon maybe they are right and its time for people to see though that and look at the new way forward in design....maybe that site is where its found

Go check it out....and best of luck

my layout is "2 mins" old, your layout is 2 -3 yrs old.

You've some catching up to do. If your skins sort the aspect ratio's then they must be being stretched or shrunk from the original video as one size cant fit both SD and HD screens @ full screen can it ?

You may be able to fool a lot of people but not me mate.

However i am geniunely glad to see your now displaying what appears to be correct resoloutions (albeit distorted to suit the skin res) from the original video. You took your time but got there in the end (2 yrs).

Your video previews look much better quality than before, the bad video spoilt the look of CoinOps before, im so glad you saw sense even though it wasn't your vision ... but mine.

Well done BP. Looks good now. Top marks, go to the head of the class !

PS. You forgot to mention that it has 3 configs, let's set the record straight as we know you like to tell a few lies now and then.

N64.jpg

HSG.png

HSC.png

PSS. Remember, every time i push you get it better n better, i'll keep pushing, you just keep getting better. OK.

PSS. Video preview skins to be added, real soon.

Edited by cba.gy

On seconds after another look at those screen shots i can now tell that the Mario video is in the wrong aspect ratio.

It's being distorted, so i take back half of what i said earlier.

For BP.

256x224 Scaled = 549x480 (and a percentage of a pixel on the width)

320x240 Scaled = 640X480

and very rarely 640x480 full screen.

None of these resoloutions match what im seeing in your post above.

You need to do some homework son.

Edited by cba.gy

I'll comment before there is trouble, Cbagy did the DVD style BoxArt (and very nice too).

The upright ones with the cart and the angled ones with green sides are by Azzbarb over at HyperSpin (nice too)

Great skins cbagy, looking forward to seeing how they look with movies previews.

Edited by Bigby

:D best of luck brothers....aspect ratio I dont give a shit about for arcades I did the best aspect ratio on any xbox app ive every seen by a long way and it knows the screen res and types and readjusts and it knows if the screen is rotated and readjusts...if I cared it would be perfect like the emu....to me its what looks best in the skin and I dont give a rats about aspect ratio.... if you want to adjust it

in the sd and hd skin ini adjust these

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Detail.Screenshot.Area = 85,3,1113,493 ( screenshot and video preview size for horizontal games)

Body.ScrollArea.SingleRow.Screenshot.Area = 285,3,1113,493 ( screenshot and video preview size for vertical games)

my god that would be hard for me to fix....I cant work out the maths :) and acidentally did it for pixel perfect every size resolution across 288 types in mameusing 5 different screensizes, automatically...no silly newbe programming of adjust each game

to do box art is simple as ill give you an action for photoshop, that will do a everyone of them in a folder, then you can do about 10,000 an hour

.... I personally think they are clutter and as you guys know I think this stuff isnt to my taste and also everyone I asked said the same thing...the people that comment are in the xtras team and its always them that comment in all forums and release this stuff on every forum...then the same people go that rocks...then the thread dies....

so guys keep there dreams alive http://www.ressurectionxtras.net ill let them do the videos for n64 and xtras for CoinOPS as im clearly out of my leage against such talent....

hows your hit rate going CBA lol massive ......

hey im gone now...best of luck guys.....im sure your work is great as ive said before I dont want it...its good to see you everywhere and supporting each other even in the face of others not commenting...

to you guys you really should tell them what you think......its would help them in the long run