Wikileaks founder Julian Assange refused bail

emsley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110

Soon after the wiki leaks documents hit the net the guy gets remanded????

The charges:

Used his body weight to hold down Miss A in a sexual manner. (so you mean he forced her to have sex?)

Had unprotected sex with Miss A when she had insisted on him using a condom. (wait a minute so he forced her but she said use a condom???)

Molested Miss A "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity". (called her a slut as he boned her and spanked her ass? or forced pickled eggs inside her ass?)

The only REAL charge i can see is this:

Had unprotected sex with Miss W while she was asleep. Yeah thats rape.

wtf!

This whole turmoil surrounding Assange has reached astoundingly ridiculous levels regardless of what one actually thinks of the guy. I'm begininng to think that these girls spotted Assange at some party, realized who he was, and decided to get their 15 minutes of fame one way or another.

Even if the charge of sexual molestation is dismissed or found to be baseless, he will be labeled a "rapist" or some other similar term by those attemping to malign/thwart him and what his group does.

It's character assassination on a grand scale. What's really troubling is the kind of stuff politicians and other U.S. officials are saying about Wikileaks; we're crossing into dangerous territory in terms of censorship and freedoms being trampled upon. I think our govt in its words and response have totally bungled everything.

We're beginning to peer over that cliff that our good friend George Orwell warned us about. That is..unless we haven't jumped off the cliff already.

Yes, they're probably using the girls as a means to have Assange put on trial for more than just sexual escapades. I wouldn't be surprised if people even them off.

According to local media here, his bank account had been frozen prior to the hearing, so when it came time to post bail, he could not access his account. Don't tell me that was a coincidence.

Previously, his paypal account had been locked. This is how supporters funded his operations. It's not the first time that Paypal have stolen money; I would never use them for anything. Besides, they are an unregulated bank, answerable to no-one, that pays no interest.

Also, it seems he had stuff stored on amazon servers; these have been shut down at someone's behest. A dns company in Cali had to let him go after it came under sustained ddos attack from within the country. And even here, the govt ordered the address be blocked so nobody here could read the info. Of course there are other addresses that work quite well..

This is what happens when you cross swords with those who own that country.