Help me build my rig

Yeah I used Newegg and all prices are in USD. I don't really know all that much about who ships to Romania but I usually use the following sites:

Newegg

Tiger Direct

ZipZoomFly

Frys

Directron

Amazon

Buy.com (rarely they have some random good deal)

and a few other small specialty sites that only sell coolers and stuff. Maybe if you can send me some sites that ship to Romania I can have a look around for you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon ships to Romania. Also, I'd like to find a decent nVidia card, because I'm a fanboy :) Currently interested in only 1 as well. SLI/Crossfire might come afterwards.

Also, retarded noob question, but I noticed that 8GB of ram (2x4), is that like a two dual channel kits or a quadra channel kit (does it exist)?

edit: added you on MSN if that's cool.

edit #3: I tried ordering parts for a full rig off Amazon, 80% of these items couldn't be shipped to Romania.

You can get an nvidia card if you want, but again you pay a price premium just because it says "Nvidia" on it. You will pay much more money for only a small performance gain if any. Also they require much more power to run and create much more heat.

As far as the RAM goes it's actually a triple channel kit. DDR3. Some boards need sets of 3 while some need sets of two. There are no quad channel memory kits/motherboards yet. I imagine it would be called DDR4.

That's cool that you added me, I'll have to see if I have it installed. I barely ever get on. When you order from amazon pay attention to the little box on the right where it says "Ships from" because when you order from amazon a lot of the stuff doesn't actually come from Amazon. See which places would ship to you and try to see if they have stuff you want.

Probably be ALOT cheaper for you to find someone in North America that you trust, to purchase parts from Tigerdirect/Newegg or wherever and have them ship them to you.

I'd be willing to do it with the money up front, I don't have the funds right now to cover being reimbursed.

Get it all shipped here, then box it all up in a single box and ship it out insured at value.