Video Game Movies

Shoma

SO me and my friend were talking about the Mk movie that supposed to be coming later, and we hate how they turned the stories around.

However some say that any video game storyline wouldn't hold up in theaters which is why they flip it around to make it more---- realistic?

I personally think, when you use the game storyline as your main rubric, you can fit pieces in as you progress but some say it has to be revised from the ground up and only a few things can be left untouched(Like the chunli movie, the overall summary was there, but the details that were totally revised)

I personally thought th every first MK movie was cool, even though a little cheesy, they still captivated the MK vibe. They used iconic character using thier iconic moves and brought what you saw in the game you loved onto the screen.

BUt I dunno, what do you guys think?

Should video game movies try to keep as close to the game as possible or just---- f*** it?

There is no story to MK...sure they have snippets about each character at the end of the game etc, but there is no "Story".

It's like complaining about the Street Fighter movie, on any level other than poor acting/choreography, there is no merit to the complaints regarding story etc.

People hated the Double Dragon movie for anything beyond poor acting? Why? It's based on a game with a minimalist backstory...

The last MK movie, I thought Sub Zero was POORLY acted...OVER-acted.

The first Mortal Kombat movie was definitely good. The second, not so much, but I still got a kick out of it.

Should video game movies try to keep as close to the game as possible or just---- f*** it?

I personally think that taking the middle ground is almost always the most effective method story-wise, although that doesn't guarantee that the movie will be any good.

Sticking to the original story is no good if the story of the source material is no good in any conceivable manner --- Just winging it and not giving a fuck about the original story can lead to the existing fanbase denouncing the movie outright.

the Mk movie that supposed to be coming later

It's not coming later. It was more like a fan video made by an actual director who had money. Last I read the dude said he might actually think about going for it.

I personally think game movies if done right can be huge hits like the marvel movies, then again most marvel movies EVEN witha fairly strong storyline end being haxed for some reason or another.

Uncharted is happening. Only hitch imo is, its Mark Wahlberg as Nathan Drake... plus the director or writers are going for an extended "Drake family" situation who deal in the finer arts and shit like that. Nathan Fillion was supposedly up for the role but tbh I think he's too old and doesn't look the part, although his personality is right on. Mark Wahlberg on the other hand... dude doesn't smile.

Throught the game was cool, but cant see myself being into the it.

Handsome, wise-cracking guy who attracts a hot girl and has a knack for getting out of nearly impossible hairy situations---- \

HMmm, doesn't hit my spot for some reason. Wonder whos gonna play the girl.