Thread of requests for CoinOPS

jobo

I had requested this earlier and hope to see it in all the new builds. The ability to lauch all xbe's off dvd media, currently most of, if not all the console emulator's lock-up when being loaded off dvd. Having the ability to load off dvd, would give us the option to have a backup of coin-ops and also be able to carry this emulator in emulator to play on another xbox at a friends house. Please add this, thankyou.

Edited by law56kerz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes that is suggested....consoles off samba is same as consoles off dvd...

what do you want to be abel to play off dvd? cant be arsed doing all as there is 20 odd cores now... and then there is arcade cores like KI and MK

and people dont have to play consoles using coinOPS there are alternatives that can play off dvd or samba....so ive been well beaten to it :).....

yes that is suggested....consoles off samba is same as consoles off dvd...

what do you want to be abel to play off dvd? cant be arsed doing all as there is 20 odd cores now... and then there is arcade cores like KI and MK

and people dont have to play consoles using coinOPS there are alternatives that can play off dvd or samba....so ive been well beaten to it :).....

It doesn't matter whether or not you've been beaten to it. There are alternatives to everything, why not make your version do the same. Loading off dvd is nice because of the ability to have a portable coinops that emulates more than just arcade in one package.

Hey BP speaking of Coinops I have a pair of questions regarding MK1 and Sol divide, the first is if reptile and the shadows on the moon in the pit stage are in the version of MK1 that Inferno R3 uses, because I played it several times and can't get the shadows on the moon not even a single time, and regarding Sol Divide in the last fight (the one with the other two selectable chars after the huge red dragon) the screen only shows the background, tough you can still hear the sound of the fight and finish the game if you use the infinite magic cheat, it's my rom wrong or this is an issue with the emu? (it's not a frame skip issue because I've tried with all the values including frameskip 0 and nothing changes) thanks in advance

.139u2: Phil Bennett fixed no music after loading savestate in Sol Divide.

0.136u2: PsikyoFan fixed missing effect on final boss in Sol Divide that was broken due to Daraku Tenshi hack.

0.129u4: David Haywood fixed music playing speed in Sol Divide.

0.127u8: R. Belmont fixed missing music in Sol Divide.

is that the issue maybe it can be fixed easy

and as for mk1 not sure you can put in any mk1 rom you like into the rommidway folder...just overwrite the old one I know there are diff builds to it but I didnt go into in that depth :)

Road riot and Moto frenzy is fixed in epic....I think its fixed in R3 actually....you can just add them and rescan....sega stuff it to hard by looks

Good! :D

So, i had a good time with coinops, i wanted to point out

that some drivers needs a lifting, if possible,

they have been improved during the 0.8X mame serie.

Dragon Saber (lot of glitches with the lava level)

MAWS

WIP:

* 0.106u12: MASH added plds ($0, 200, 400 - pal16l8a.4g, pal16l8a.5f and pal12l10.8d) to Dragon Saber.
* 0.87u3: Phil Stroffolino fixed older System2 ROZ system; in particular Dragon Blade glitches are no more.
* 0.36b8: Keith Wilkins added Dragon Saber (Namco 1990) clone (Japan).
* 12th October 1999: Keith Wilkins sent in another Namco System 2 update with controls working in most games, and also fixed a lot of the graphics bugs. The playable games are now Assault, Ordyne, Mirai Ninja, Phelios, Valkyrie No Densetsu, Finest Hour, Burning Force, Marvel Land, Dragon Saber and Cosmo Gang the Video.
* 0.36b6: Added Dragon Saber (Testdriver).

Xain'd Sleena please fix, timers not good, game speed is not accurate

MAWS - XSLEENA

Sound patch for for Twin Cobra 2

A wish/dream for later midway game :

an option to enable sound even if fps drops.

2 on 2 ice hockey

NBA Hangtime

edit :

People...SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. about Mortal Kombat part X!!!! No arcade version of an MK game will ever.....ever.......E**V**E**R be supported in GGPO.....PERIOD!!! I have had extensive and exhaustive discussions with IQ32, who is now the main dev of FBA, and he has STRENUOUSLY made it crystal fucking clear that neither him or Barry will ever work on adding the Wolf Unit driver(the driver responsible for the Mortal Kombat games) to FBA!!!!!!!! The Wolf Unit driver is a fucking animal of a driver and is complicated beyond belief to figure out. It took the mame devs YEARS to reverse engineer and eventually add to mame and even now, it still isn't emulated 100% properly! So forget about playing an arcade Mortal Kombat game in FBA and thus, GGPO anytime before your great grandchildren graduate from college! It's going to be eons folks. That being said, the genesis versions are an excellent alternative and are certainly welcomed :)

Minor annoyances : the sound is really messed up in

Super punch-out

Ashita no Joe (but that's a baddies)

Also you could add Blaster from Midway,

true Space Harrier psychedelic ancestor.

Thanks reading.

Edited by Garcimak