PS2 boot disk

[stu]

hi

is there a ps2 boot disk that allows burned PS1 games to work on it without a chip or cheat cartridge?

There are some files listed on classicsega's hub on DC, but i downloaded one of them and couldnt work it

if there is, could anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers

Stu

Bootdiscs are useless

NON OF THEM WORK UNLESS YOU EITHER BUY IT IN A STORE (rare) OR ALREADY HAVE A MODCHIP INSTALLED, THEREFORE MAKING IT POINTLESS

My work here is done :D

im not yelling at you im yelling at the stupid people that share them knowing their good for nothing

btw, the current next gen consoles(idk if Dreamcast counts) are a bad choice for using boot disks and mod chips on, especially because they have that tray where you have to put the cd on for boot disks(screwing and unscrewing). And the mod chips thing is crapty because you have to do something about BIOS onto the mod chip and blah blah blah. Just buy an old psx and use a boot disk on it or something

you only have to do BIOS flashing on Xbox

UNLESS You buy this one modchip (something lite V2) then it works like the following

Put Disc In

Game Boots

Thats how ALL modchips work unless you buy some crappy one

FOr PS2 i recommend the MAGIC 3 or 3.5 Modchip

FOr Xbox I recommend the Something Lite V2 modchip (no BIOS Flashing, soory i cant remeber the name if someone knows it post it) Or the Matrix Mod Chip (needs BIOS flashing)

For Gamecube, there IS a way to burn them there are guides and programs floating around and you have to buy this special discs, i bought a burned game from a shop near me and it works with no modchip so i guess you dont need one

For Imports on gamecube, DONT BUY A MODCHIP, just use the FreeLoader Bootdisc

You should ONLY get a modchip If you have the Panasonic Q but Lik-Sang sells them pre-modded so i recommend just doing that

For Dreamcast DO NOT BUY A MODCHIP

Burned games boot without a chip, some require a bootdisc (that you can burn) some dont, EX. Selfboot/Non-Selfboot

For imports, you can burn Import enabler boot discs, you dont need to modify your Dreamcast in anyway to play burned games/imports

yea im already doing stuff with the DC

i only got my first DC 3 months ago...now its probably the best console ive owned after the Mega Drive

SEGA is an amazing company. its a sad state of affairs theyre in now

same with SNK