So WTF is going on with CoinOPS?

Shibathedog

I guess Britney is moving on to do an XBMC remake with built in emus/new skin/a bunch of other stuff, The new version of CoinOPS is still waiting to be uploaded somewhere, and he is leaving the site now?

That thread is a fucking mess. I can't even read through it with all the bitching and moaning going on inside of it.

Since no one else wants to do it apparently I'll upload it to newsgroups. It's going to take a long ass time though. It might be easier to use openbittorrent or something, we can all jump on it so it goes faster and someone with a faster upload can put it on newsgroups. Or I guess the torrent could go where it usually goes too.

Another question I have, A lot of people seem to dislike coinops for some reason or another, What do you use instead then?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Britney is moving on to do an XBMC remake with built in emus/new skin/a bunch of other stuff, The new version of CoinOPS is still waiting to be uploaded somewhere, and he is leaving the site now?

That thread is a fucking mess. I can't even read through it with all the bitching and moaning going on inside of it.

Since no one else wants to do it apparently I'll upload it to newsgroups. It's going to take a long ass time though. It might be easier to use openbittorrent or something, we can all jump on it so it goes faster and someone with a faster upload can put it on newsgroups. Or I guess the torrent could go where it usually goes too.

Another question I have, A lot of people seem to dislike coinops for some reason or another, What do you use instead then?

I've only joined this site recently but I can already see theres a lot of unnecessary politics and geek in-fighting amongst the emulation scene.

I'd be happy to help download/upload/FTP stuff if it helps get coinops inferno EPIC out there. I'd leave my pc running for days if need be.

Hi

For my part, CoinOPS is a good emulator :D

I really want to DL the last version if it is possible and found it over the web :P

With him we can play many and many arcade games, other mame xbox version not suported !

For the XBMC CoinOPS version, for me it is a good idea if it is possible to include it in the engine !

Because, every day when i strat my xbox like many others ... i'm on XBMC menu for watching films ...

And if at same time we can see our games in it, with beautifull videos previews, pics, ... it will be best than launch CoinOPS for this.

I know BP is using the XBMC code without permission ... but for my part it is not really important and bad !

Because if he give after his work to everybody, it works for everybody !

And no one make it before him !!!

Thanks

Bye

I offerd to set up a seedbox, however reading his last post BP is capped for upload\download so it must be FTP'd....

I think he wants a group release so even if I rented FTP space he would not do it with me....

I offerd but got no reply, so I decieded to leave it as therre is no point bugging him...,

If it does appear anywhere I will start a seedbox just for epic and spread it...

Until then Im playing old version ..... just pretend epic dont exsist as until it is out :P

peace

well without permision xbmc code...its open source and I coded alot in XBMC.....ill follow the rules of open source it you guys who dont follow the rules and say I dont have permission......

you say your fine with it.......you have no idea what ive done for who and whom I have and work with....most of it isnt CoinOPS.....its ridiculas statements about facts you know nothing about and actively are the only party not following open source yet preach to others that make stuff so painfull.

Why do the people that dont follow or give out sources tell me I dont and block it being stored in xbins even....its lol moments that make it sux for everyone.......

I dont want any more to do with your guys problems....with your guys politics....with your guys bitterness...I truely for me dont think your solutions are what I want.....to me personally you guys are so bitter you try and ruin it for everyone one and from what I seen actually do...but nothing for people I know is ruined and my goals are my goals and are strong....I do what I beleive in and if you have issues with it....use whatever im not here at this point to tell you guys how you should act or what you should use.....I am sad for people as ive seen the skills involved and the misinformation about how hard or easy stuff is....the design choices that led to many questions that dont happen with CoinOPS due to its design choices......but I must go forward as I always do with or without you guys and I warned you enough you would end up with the trolls and it was up to you guys to do something....Im the only one that thinks this way but I stand by it and move on....ive seen the most basic features being discussed and told they are really hard....when they are simple....to me its more about where do they fit in CoinOPS than the coding....its more to do with human dynamics than coding and thats my goal....features are bloat without thought IMO....ill leave you with that.....its been said many times in many ways....

anyway get an ftp or someone thats done it before and sometime and get back to me.... EPIC is done and is tested everyday with no issues just by people playing it now

Newly registered as a user on here but been following the threads on Coinops for quite awhile. I'd be glad to help out, either by seeding or uploading the whole thing to newsgroups (preferred). I am on a 25/25 link and also have access to a T3 although I'd rather not use it except to upload to newsgroups. Just need some way to access it (the full version with all of the roms/games etc). I know it's large and I'd gladly download it over several nights if needed. I should be able to upload it to newgroups fairly quickly.

I need

Some with an FTP server I can upload to

That FTP server must have ShowROOM on it

That person must be in contact for a week to sync things

That person must be able to get it somewhere for everyone

I need the person to clearly understand that he will have to work to make this happen with me and be in good communications

This is what I need......nothing less can be done my end to get this out...due to my limitations

I'd be more than glad to help out but since I just signed up on here, I can't send you a message. Maybe if you can send me one, I can reply and we will get the ball rolling?

Thanks.

I need

Some with an FTP server I can upload to

That FTP server must have ShowROOM on it

That person must be in contact for a week to sync things

That person must be able to get it somewhere for everyone

I need the person to clearly understand that he will have to work to make this happen with me and be in good communications

This is what I need......nothing less can be done my end to get this out...due to my limitations

I can contact you but you guys get one shot that he will release it....im exploring one other avenue when phil gets back online is so ill have a place to put it

no offense JCDinPGH to forums and no history is scary to be the person in charge of release all previous people are people with known credibility....and I only have the upload for a one shot

No offense taken. since I couldn't send you contact info on here, I sent it to you on emuparadise. There are a bunch of details on everything you requested in my message to you. It's entirely up to you but I'll help all I can. FWIW, I've been around for a very long time, just not active lately. By relative terms, I'm old. lol

I can contact you but you guys get one shot that he will release it....im exploring one other avenue when phil gets back online is so ill have a place to put it

no offense JCDinPGH to forums and no history is scary to be the person in charge of release all previous people are people with known credibility....and I only have the upload for a one shot