Demon's Souls

Devia Eleven

I'm a bit surprised myself, thanks for that.

I've decided to purchase the game, it only costed me $22 for Gamefly to ship the game case, cover, and booklet to my address since it looks like I'm going to be spending a bit more time with the game than I originally expected.

I made a tl:dr worthy thread in the Demon's Souls wiki forums, in hope that someone is going to help me. I'll wait it out by playing Lords of Shadow, a game that I've neglected to play since I've been knee deep in Demon's Souls for so long.

Even though I've gotten extremely far, I'm still appalled on how many times I've died, and how many souls I've lost, even though I've leveled quite a bit from randomly farming for items to upgrade weapons. I only have one dungeon left until I complete the game, but personally I want to be able to grind to a point where not many of the enemies could touch me if they tried. There's a new game plus, like Chrono Trigger, or Chrono Cross, the only downfall being that the difficulty of the game increases by 50%. It kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

I'm going to buy this game and put it on the shelf until I get another more free time or another well deserved weekend off from work.

Upon my request for help, there was one lad who was generous enough to add me in PSN, and help me in my trials towards the 2nd hardest boss in the game. Once he joined my game, I got killed twice by two Black Phantoms, (online players that invade your game to kill you), after that, we made light work of the boss, while the boss aimed on him, and momentarily me, we took that blind spot to attack him from behind, and he didn't stand a chance.

He effortlessly helped me out of the hole I was in, and even gave me 40 revival items like it was no big deal as well. I got some weapons and started grinding, and now I am still grinding. There's no reason to complete the last dungeon without fully milking the easy experience in the fourth dungeon first, I don't want to be unprepared on my first NG+. I have a four day weekend coming up, this will be the time.

Like so many have said before me, the true potential in Demon's Souls comes from the "feature" that allows you or others to join a game in progress and help out, or on the flip side, invade a game and slaughter whoever was playing.

:)

I just completed the game, however I didn't mean to, I meant to grind to prepare myself for the New Game +, where all of the enemies have improved in every possible way by 40%. Now it's basically starting over all over again, where your once were uber stats, armor, and items are now petty numbers compared to the most, before, powerless skeleton warriors in the first dungeon.

This calls for a break, or, a possible no-return to this game.