Ill port Super Mario X into CoinOPS

BritneysPAIRS

Only if I get both the source and permission....I dont want the open source police calling me stuff especially when they are the only people not releasing sources....is that irony or hypocricy...

I hope others dont beat me to it.....I may have underesitmated there ability like they told me I did....I hope they where right....

If you are determined BP then I commend and thank you...This is a totally rad game.

...and we are already on a team together....

I went in and have been doing a little research on the matter.

1. I don't think anyone else has.

2. The game was made by Redigit. (who posses the source)

3. He has been mia as of late.

4. There is nothing on there site against it.

5. The guys over there seem to think that the source is kinda a mess an it was built in Visual Basic.

6. Redigit: (actually) last see on the forums 11/13/10

7. I have asked nicely for the source. :P

Everyone go check out this game...it is superb! : http://www.supermariobrothers.org/smbx/#games

Hmm... Well I guess we'll just have to take a peak if we can get the source.

Guys over there don't seem to be familiar with the Xbox stuff or see the appeal... also some say that Redigit has been asked before in regards to the Wii, and he said no...

I am willing to wait and see what he has to say to me personally.

because what He was actually asked was, to to port it himself (in the past.)

@BP

The sole developer, Redigit, gets most of his feedback from moderators that gather information on bugs and features and forward them his way. The moderators seem mixed on the idea of a port, but I don't think they know what we are asking for.

From what the moderators have told me, Redigit is fearful of clones and doesn't want to go open source because of potential forks.

My guess is that if you are really open to porting it, then it would only happen if you spoke to Redigit and got permission yourself. Of course other people sharing interest will help.

How badly do we want this ported?