Samurai Shodown 5 (samsho5.zip/ssv.zip) News

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi new to the boards I'm having trouble with samurai shodown 5 i downloaded all the files from epic-center and put them in a zip file named Samsho5.zip here's the problem my neoragex I'm using version 8 does read it and loads it but the screen freezes up and says in red "Bank Error" and I do have the correct CRC for the p1 rom 8a86c728 what's wrong?? Please help!!!!

also the CRC says 8A86C728 all in caps if this makes any difference if so where do I find the correct p1 to run it in neoragex?? Thanx!! <_<

Edited by King86Scout

Hi guys

If anyone having problem downloading samurai showdown 5

I have it

just wait until I have uploaded it to our server

and just tell me if anyone still interested getting that game

this is the only way to contribute to this no 1 emu forum

just tell me

hey,did any1 got a SS5 filesize 39,598? got it and i put into the NRX file,I put import but it did not show SS5.IS it corrupted or something?

thx for the reply.

PS i download from www.mame.cl/samsho5

Edited by Tidus

hi, i hope this doesnt turn out being taken in a bad way. I am a newbie despite my age. haha....

I downloaded the SSV zip file from the websites provided by Santa Claws.

I tried to load it in neoragex after renaming it to look like ssv_??.rom and the bank error bug appeared.

I proceeded to check the rom using romcenter but nothing was wrong that needed fixing. The only issue lies with the CRC it was not the 8A86C728 version. I read somewhere that the other version works as well and is in fact the original version? And i know that the CRC is the version needed for neoragex.

What exactly is a CRC and what does it do? Why does the difference constitute whether a rom will run or fail?

And other than trying to look for the right file to download is there any other way we could fix it?

And the ssv_p1.rom patch or the so called neoragex version from epic centre doesnt work. It is only about 1.8 MB in size (1.75MB as stated in the site). And the CRC for that one starts with 15XXXXXXX.

Besides that i even suspect whether all the files are valid. They are all pretty small in size compared to the one i just downloaded.

Anyways, some of the links in Epic center are down. And DON'T and i repeat DONT download the neoragex vh01.rar (or whatever the name is).. it is highly possible it is a virus. I had it on the same directory as the neorage.exe and when i was playing matrimelee countless notepad windows opened themselves on my computer when i was done playing the game and it caused my computer to crash.

Just for information, I still dont know what caused that. So i thought maybe i should share the experience with you guys.

Oh oh and the method suggested by shishan of renaming the rom files changing the ssv_C?.rom to different order : bad idea. Neoragex crashes everytime i tried to load it. Conclusion - it doesnt work. I am not trying to diss anyone much less dismiss their efforts but just giving a feedback.

Hopefully someone could provide the answers to some of the questions? I'm really looking forward to reading a solution posted as i always do the next morning when i wake up and check for updates.

Thank you guys for sharing and all the hard work :D