Samurai Shodown 5 (samsho5.zip/ssv.zip) News

Could anyone find it in their heart to hook me up with m.o.t.w., SSV and svc.plus for the new noerage final version? Please? I am begging. I have a great deal or roms, maybe we can swap?

Edited by elguapo

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone find it in their heart to hook me up with m.o.t.w., SSV and svc.plus for the new noerage final version? Please? I am begging. I have a great deal or roms, maybe we can swap?

hey, just look on this page

you are on this page just look around and you'll find it

sorry for the link i posted earlier i dunno wat happen to that site.. u may try dis link f u want to :P...

Link 1

Link 2

Password: www.emumaquinitas.com/portal

New P1 updates for SSV

Nebula 270-p1.bin crc32 : fe6f92e0

http://www2.netexplora.com/mauroz/emulacion/juegos/samsho5/p1 fe6f92e0.rar

1-Problem with white blood in Arcade mode solved

2-Problem with Overlay text in SS5 in console mode options was solved.

Neoragex ssv_p1.rom crc32 : 15f3334f

http://www2.netexplora.com/mauroz/emulacion/juegos/samsho5/p1 15f3334f.rar

1-Changed rom number in internal P rom from 270 to 269 to run in NRGX

2-Problem with white blood in Arcade mode solved

3-Problem with Overlay text in SS5 in console mode options was solved.

Edited by Spiffy

Problem! I downloaded Samurai Shodown 5 and when I tried to extract the files to rename them, 270-c2.bin wouldn't extract! I got an error message in WinZip that said:

"Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 0"

If it is possible for someone to e-mail me 270-c2.bin or ssv_c2.rom it would be greatly appreciated. I am on dial-up and I can't download the whole zip file again!

*Edit* - Also, it appears that my ssv_p1.rom doesn't work either. I have the WinKawaks Hack 1.46 loader, and asr.dat. The CRC on my p1 rom was 611A6687, so I changed the info in the dat file accordingly (the dat file had the 8A86C728 file originally) but when I loaded Kawaks, it said "Can't find ssv_p1.rom (611a6687), ERROR" even though I changed the dat. Is there something that I am missing?

If there is a way to get that C2 rom file out of the zip file please let me know, but receiving the file e-mailed to me might be much faster! I have started downloading the entire zip file all over again, but if anyone could help me out before then, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by FalseProphet

Hey james, I found your cheats for SS5 a few pages back.  How do you set those up?

the mame cheat goes in the cheat.dat thats if you have one

and the Nebula and kawaks . what you do is copy it into a txt file then name the txt to samsho5 then change the ext from txt to dat it should then be placed in the cheats folder ......

Okay, I got the rom to load (turns out there was an extra space in my DAT file so Kawaks thought the game was called " ssv" instead of just "ssv." I think I still need the c2 rom because the colors on the backgrounds and on certain characters are messed up (like Haohmaru and Ukyo). So if anyone knows where I can get the c2 rom please let me know. Its probably mentioned on an earlier page, so if theres a link on an earlier page, just let me know what page(s) its own. Thanks a lot.

*Edit* Nevermind, I got the c2 rom and the game works great! I'm going to see if those updated p1s improve anything. Can't wait until kof2003 is available!

Edited by FalseProphet