Samurai Shodown 5 (samsho5.zip/ssv.zip) News

When I'm on winzip classics, there is a column on the left named CRC, it shows a few numbers for each file.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The CRC column shows the CRC of each file in the archive. Now compare those numbers to the ones in the DAT file I posted.

It would be even more helpful if you could post a screenshot of the archive. (The WinZip window and all.)

All right. I know what the prob is...the numbers from the DAT file (mine is named asr) from the ssv_p1.rom don't correspond with the ones in the ssv_p1.rom file. So how do I change the ones in the CRCs? (the right numbers in the DAt file are 8A86C728). The emulators says it can't find those exact numbers. (the only diffrence is that the A isn't capital when the emulator shows it)

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well everything is running find on kawaks loader 1.46 i will set a ftp up so you all can download it if you don't have it already

Billy.Jr the king of rom

Gee....thx. :-D

When I'm on winzip classics, there is a column on the left named CRC, it shows a few numbers for each file.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The CRC column shows the CRC of each file in the archive. Now compare those numbers to the ones in the DAT file I posted.

It would be even more helpful if you could post a screenshot of the archive. (The WinZip window and all.)

All right. I know what the prob is...the numbers from the DAT file (mine is named asr) from the ssv_p1.rom don't correspond with the ones in the ssv_p1.rom file. So how do I change the ones in the CRCs? (the right numbers in the DAt file are 8A86C728). The emulators says it can't find those exact numbers. (the only diffrence is that the A isn't capital when the emulator shows it)

Whether the letters are capitals or not shouldn't be a problem. :-D Hmm...

The CRCs should just match.

Edited by Agozer

here is my dat for Nebula Kawaks

works fine

System: NEO

RomName: samsho5

Game: Samurai Shodown 5

[Program]

270-p1.bin,0,800000,611A6687,0

[Text]

270-s1.bin,0,20000,33227D62,0

[Z80]

270-m1.bin,0,20000,18114FB1,0

[samples]

270-v1.bin,0,400000,6849136C,0

270-v2.bin,400000,400000,222E1774,0

270-v3.bin,800000,400000,CD9E7ADC,0

270-v4.bin,C00000,400000,8B305CAC,0

[Graphics]

270-c1.bin,0,800000,4E7BDEA1,0

270-c2.bin,1,800000,7B444985,0

270-c3.bin,1000000,800000,8C709A9B,0

270-c4.bin,1000001,800000,CFD53F5C,0

270-c5.bin,2000000,800000,C026D318,0

270-c6.bin,2000001,800000,B3D9D204,0

270-c7.bin,3000000,800000,FE03A025,0

270-c8.bin,3000001,800000,89DB2D34,0

[system]

CartridgeID: 270

GfxCrypt: 0

GfxKey: 0

ButLayout: 9

Fix: 0

So HOW do I make the ssv_p1.rom file number match with the one in the DAT file??? :angry:

So HOW do I make the ssv_p1.rom file number match with the one in the DAT file??? :angry:

1. Open up the DAT file with NotePad or some other text editor.

2. Open the SSV archive and look at the CRCs of the rom files

3. Change the DAT file so that the 8-digit numbers (CRC values) match the ones found in the CRC column in WinZip.

I.e. The CRC for ssv_p1.rom is 8A86C728. So, open the DAT file and look at the CRC value of ssv_p1.rom there. If the numbers aren't the same, change it.

Check every file. (P, S, M, Cs and Vs)

Whether the letters are capitals or not shouldn't be a problem. :unsure: Hmm...

So HOW do I make the ssv_p1.rom file number match with the one in the DAT file??? :D

1. Open up the DAT file with NotePad or some other text editor.

2. Open the SSV archive and look at the CRCs of the rom files

3. Change the DAT file so that the 8-digit numbers (CRC values) match the ones found in the CRC column in WinZip.

I.e. The CRC for ssv_p1.rom is 8A86C728. So, open the DAT file and look at the CRC value of ssv_p1.rom there. If the numbers aren't the same, change it.

Check every file. (P, S, M, Cs and Vs)

The numbers in the DAT file are good. It's the rom that has the wrong number (661afbix instead of having 8A86C728).

(The ssv_p1.rom in the rom SSV.ZIP dosen't have the right number the emulator shows. THE DAT file does)

So what i'm askin is how do I change the CRCs in SSV.ZIP and not the CRCs in the DAT File since they are correct.

So what i'm askin is how do I change the CRCs in SSV.ZIP and not the CRCs in the DAT File since they are correct.

You can't a CRC of a file (the only way is to hack it)... You see, CRC are like a code of authentification. A good example would be that you download a Zip/Rar and cannot extract it because the CRCs of file(s) have changed after the compression. Namely, someone has fiddled with the archive afterwards and the archive has become corrupt. (I'm not sure of how CRCs are actually assigned etc, this is just my hypothesis.)

You don't have a corrupt archive., it's just that you have a different P1 rom...

I'll send you the 8Awhatever P1 rom, since we're just going back and forth here without actually getting anything done.

Edited by Agozer