Samurai Shodown 5 (samsho5.zip/ssv.zip) News

Um...ok....well I went on confugaritions and there's nuthin special there besides a a few options in the Columns.

That's right. You have to check the little CRC box in the Columns group for the CRCs to show up.

Edited by Agozer

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an update: Decided to just download the whole thing from that 3x3x place. It didn't take as long as I imagined, and completed the download just under four hours. :-D

Anyhow, next I checked the roms to find that they were all bin files. Since I want to play it using the NRX emulator (yeah, I got the latest one; the one with the password and all) I created a separate zip folder and put all the roms there after renaming all the files to ssv_"whatever".rom Then I named this folder "samsho5" and placed it where I put my other neogeo roms.

Finally, after opening the emulator, I set the rompath under directories. Next, I hit "import", and I find that all my other neogeo roms become available on the list... However, yup, samsho5 is no where on the list. WTF?! Damn, there must be something wrong with the roms or something cuz the darn thing is not picking up!

So close, yet so far. Sorry to be a bother guys, but what is the problem here? Does it matter whether the renamed roms are lower case or capitalized? Is it something wrong with the p rom?

Um...sorry, I guess I should have added more details. Yes, I know that it's supposed to appear on the bottom of the list, but this is not happening.

Anyhow, I was wondering if it had something to do with the p1 rom and so I checked the CRC or whatever it's called. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but the correct p1 rom has CRC number of 611A6887, right? Well, mine has 611A6687 -- notice the 6 when it should be 8. So perhaps this is the source of the problem? I dunno, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these things.

Is there a way which I can change the number or do I need to find the correct p1 rom. Man...this is fustrating. Besides the spanish site listed earlier in this thread, I don't know where else I may download that p1 rom individually.

Again, as mentioned earlier, nobody else seems to have a problem with that site, but I don't know what's going on nor what the problem is whenever I try to download from there. So, is there someplace where I can get this p1 rom individually?

Um...sorry, I guess I should have added more details. Yes, I know that it's supposed to appear on the bottom of the list, but this is not happening.

Anyhow, I was wondering if it had something to do with the p1 rom and so I checked the CRC or whatever it's called. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but the correct p1 rom has CRC number of 611A6887, right? Well, mine has 611A6687 -- notice the 6 when it should be 8. So perhaps this is the source of the problem? I dunno, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these things.

Is there a way which I can change the number or do I need to find the correct p1 rom. Man...this is fustrating. Besides the spanish site listed earlier in this thread, I don't know where else I may download that p1 rom individually.

Again, as mentioned earlier, nobody else seems to have a problem with that site, but I don't know what's going on nor what the problem is whenever I try to download from there. So, is there someplace where I can get this p1 rom individually?

I can send you the correct P1 (the CRC is 8Asomething) via email or ICQ.

Agozer: Thanks for the offer. I'll consider it, but I don't want to be a burden so I'll search for the rom on my own for a little while. But if I have no luck (which is most likely), check this thread and I may give you a notice to check your PM.

I used to have AIM, till my computer recently crashed and had to recover everything. Don't have experience with ICQ, so email seems more likely.

BTW, I won't be online for like the next 15 - 20 hours or so -- gotta do the daily routines, ya know.

Agozer: Thanks for the offer. I'll consider it, but I don't want to be a burden so I'll search for the rom on my own for a little while. But if I have no luck (which is most likely), check this thread and I may give you a notice to check your PM.

I used to have AIM, till my computer recently crashed and had to recover everything. Don't have experience with ICQ, so email seems more likely.

BTW, I won't be online for like the next 15 - 20 hours or so -- gotta do the daily routines, ya know.

ICQ isn't that different from AIM, but sure send me a PM when you've had enough of searching. :-D

Um...ok....well I went on confugaritions and there's nuthin special there besides a a few options in the Columns.

That's right. You have to check the little CRC box in the Columns group for the CRCs to show up.

I clicked on it but I don't know where they should show up. I wen't on Winzip classics and there were not CRCs, just the plain old rom files of ssv. The only diffrent thing about those files is that now they are in Note pad format. Does that mean anythin??

When I'm on winzip classics, there is a column on the left named CRC, it shows a few numbers for each file.

Edited by Kao

When I'm on winzip classics, there is a column on the left named CRC, it shows a few numbers for each file.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The CRC column shows the CRC of each file in the archive. Now compare those numbers to the ones in the DAT file I posted.

It would be even more helpful if you could post a screenshot of the archive. (The WinZip window and all.)

Edited by Agozer

Samsho5 P1 Correction:

for NEBULA 270-p1.bin (611a6687) --> (fe6f92e0) :

1-Problem with white blood in Arcade mode solved

2-Problem with Overlay text in SS5 in console mode options was solved

for NeoRageX ssv_p1.rom (8a86c728) --> (15f3334f) :

1-Changed rom number in internal P rom from 270 to 269 to run in NRGX

2-Problem with white blood in Arcade mode solved

3-Problem with Overlay text in SS5 in console mode options was solved

Edited by Mr.X